3D Apps for OS X

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stoid, Mar 7, 2002.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Does anybody know of any cheap/free GOOD 3D Applications for OS X? I used Ray Dream Studio in 9, but it doesn't work so well through classic. I'm a hhigh school student that would spend up to $100 on a good 3D app if I had to. If it was something absolutely incredible, I might be willing to shell out more, but Maya costs thousands doesn't it. I mean, it's a great program, and I'm sure it's worth every penny, unless you only plan to do school projects on. I figure that since X is Unix based, maybe I can find a free app. Any help would be nice, thanks guys!!

2. Polith macrumors newbie

3D App

Try the Maya PLE it's free and on the iDisk. Going to get it myself right now. It basically says it is "a free version of Maya for yourself", but I think there may be some hidden agendas, but don't really know, have to try it out, sounds good though.

3. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

Watermark

I have PLE, but that stupid watermark shows up on all my work, and I'm not planning on using it comercially to make money, but that watermark isn't going to work so well in a school project.