3D EV Nova?-come on get on the ball Ambrosia

Discussion in 'Games' started by Macgamer1096, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Macgamer1096 macrumors newbie

Great game, sure, but why cant we as Mac gamers actually have a 3d version? The 3rd dimension is one that as far as i know (in the space rpg anyway) we might not ever enter. The best for original mac games are now classics in the pc relm aswell, specifically Escape Velocity. I have no idea how Ambrosia works, but whats really stopping them to come out with a 21st century andanced version that makes pc users grumble in their seats just like the awesomely great iPod did and does.Note: I love my 10GB iPod. The story line is basically in the top 5 best things about EV Nova so maybe you cant create that as well in a 3D territory. I suppose the game would be based more on game play than story. As far as i can tell thats not what Ambrosia wants. I will probably still buy the game for a whopping 30 bucks ONLINE, which, as we all know, is the safest possible place to transfer money. All I'm sayin is for that kind of price i expect alot more. And alot more out of Ambrosia who dont get me wrong is great but needs to move along a little. O and perhaps they could advertise and maybe enter reality (by that i mean puts some stuff on some CD's and sell everwhere, in every single game store not just the mac stores which as close to me as the corner of the state. Ich komme aus Tennessee. And finally fix the Largest promblem every mac gamer has availibility. We cant find jack anywhere (except Blizzard products. Note: Blizzard yo need to combine ideas with Ambrosia and merge your excellant skill of making GREAT game play with Ambrosia's storline ship design and a whole lot of other stuff). Im done.

2. Macgamer1096 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

whats that microsoft game like? freelancer or wateva its called...is that the kind of game you're looking for?

4. Macgamer1096 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not at all im afraid. Ive played Freelancer and it is a horrible representation of space games and isnt an rpg, but ive seen it at 25 bucks and compared to 30 for a two d might be a diffrent choice if you own a pc.

5. Bolle macrumors newbie

I am a regular at the AmbrosiaSW boards and if you do a search on "EV 3D", you will come up with posts from as early as three years ago when the boards were put in place, all asking for a 3D Escape Velocity.

Every single post you will find answered with the same reply: ASW is not going to make a 3D EV, because they won't undertake the effort of redoing the game from ground up, and they feel that Escape Velocity is only Escape Velocity the way it is now; 2D graphics, and top-down view.

And strangely enough, I agree. It just wouldn't be the same in 3D.

6. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

they could still make it 3d to make it look nice, I love that game but Warcraft is 3d and uses the topdown view something like this might work but im happy with escape :D

7. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

It already uses a 3dish view in EV:Nova. Making it true 3d (but top down) would just make it uglier or have higher system requirements, as well as being a nightmare to code (since they only have one coder working on it). non-top down EV would suck big time.

8. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

opps ya your right Its been a while since Ive played it.......