3D Sketch app ?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Platform, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

I have tried using google sketchup for some basic sketches of a house, both interior and exterior.

But what application would I use for some more tailored/better suited towards house/building layout schemes ?

Thanks

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I actually had to look for this for a client a while back, and the only thing I could find was Microspot Interiours with Modeler (at $129/$116 each for CD/Download).

There are demos available, but since the client uses PC (and I just tried to lure them over on Mac) I never got as far as downloading and trying them out...

For exteriors, I have no idea... :eek:

3. Platform thread starter macrumors 68030

Platform

Thanks...:cool:

Any others anyone ?

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

Are you looking for 3D CAD software? If you are planning on exact dimensions and rendering 3D walkthrough movies that's the way to go but there is a huge jump in the skill and time required from sketchup to a CAD program

Maybe you want something like "blender". It can make good interior shots of a 3d model but it's more of an "artist's tool" than an "architect's tool" www.blender.org

5. Platform thread starter macrumors 68030

Platform

I simply want to make a sketch of a house, where I can see the exterior and have an interior view as well.

Mostly layout of where walls go, how the roof looks etc. I don't need the detail of what kind of carpets I am having, while if there was an easy app that would do that hey bring it on.

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

you're probably not going to find anything better, at least not for a free or cheap.

Sketchup was created to be exactly what you say you're looking for. It was created as a tool for visualizing buildings and of course that would include houses. Maybe more pratice with using the program will get it to do what you want