3DS Max license problem with XP/Bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by manuliscious, Jan 6, 2007.

1. manuliscious macrumors newbie

hey @all !
    Since a few days, i'm trying to install 3DS Max on my Macbook Pro.
    But without success. Everytime i start the app, it tells me, that my license became broken.
    I am running XP on Bootcamp, using a Macbook Pro with 2.33 dc and 3gb RAM.
    My experience so far :
    Tried to install 3ds max. The first time i had NO problems, was happy to run the app for a few days. Then it told me, that my license has become broken.
    I read about a way to import the license from a second computer. It worked fine, but only for one day. The next day i startet 3ds max, my license was broken, again -.-
    The last 2 days i searched the WWW for any solution, but wasn't able to find one.
    Any ideas ? I heard from some people it would be possible to rum 3Ds Max on an apple !!
    Thanks for any help,
    cu

2. sycho macrumors 6502a

sycho

Call me picky, but judging by your lack of writing skills, I don't think you own a license to that software. Either way, you are not going to find much help for a Windows program on a Mac forum.

3. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Your experience is precisely why for I always instantly pirate software that phones home and does a lot of weird nasties after you pay for it without the slightest sense of guilt.

4. RHD macrumors 6502

This is a known issue and it's something to do with Bootcamp. You can contact Autodesk who will give you a new license but the same thing will happen you reboot. Some people manage it though and I hope to be one of them soon as I need to run 3DS too.

5. djellison macrumors 68020

We have a legal 3ds license, but I run a cracked version, because Auto desk's licensing mechanism is hideously unreliable, flaky and invasive.

Doug

6. RHD macrumors 6502

Mine will be a legal license too when I get it in a week or so but I suspect I will have to find a way to crack it to get it to work on my Mac which is somewhat ironic.
    I don't suppose anyone could be kind enough to email or message me with some idiot proof instructions?
    I am more than happy to provide a copy of my receipt to prove good faith.
    Cheers chaps.

7. jeancavalcante macrumors newbie

License broken (3ds max on mac)

Hey all, I got the same problem. I want to install 3ds max on a mac (bootcamp)
    I follow this discussion, and I tried every suggestion given in this forum. The software run only 2 weeks and after that, the license file break. I dont know what else I can do. If someone have the final solution to this problem, please tell me what I should do.
    thank you

8. Obispo NY macrumors newbie

3ds max9, bootcamp, licence crash

I´m completly desperate- no idea what to do anymore. Its so importend for me to run 3dsmax 9 on bootcamp but it "crashed" always the licence. In the beginning max worked perfectly for one day...and than the licence broke and I could'nt reactivate max. Nothing works and it seems like noone knows in the wide world how to solve the problem? Please help!!!

9. magallanes macrumors regular

I agree with @djellison if you are a legal user, then install the "warez" version and keep at safe your original copy.

Autodesk will not give any help if you have trouble with your dongle (in fact they don't give a crap about you).In my case when i was a system administrator, a user burned a dongle of a expensive software and the only solution proposed by Autodesk was to buy a extra license.