3G camera shutter not opening

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HighLife420, Sep 10, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

Im having issues here guys...i dunno why, but my camera shutter will not open.

im using the stock camera app...i dunno whats going on with this...

Cycorder comes up with just a black window...

im able to save pics to the camera roll if i take a screen shot.

Anyone know whats going on?

2. macrumors 68040

The Californian

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7A341)

Thanks. I posted it there. Mods can delete or close.

4. macrumors newbie

iPhone Camera not working - fixed

I had the same problem and have now fixed my phone. It turned out to be a loose connection between the phone mainboard and the camera connection.

I very carefully removed the mainboard from the phone and then the camera. Then instead of trying to fit the mainboard to the camera, I reconnected the mainboard and camera then fitted both back into the phone. Hey presto my camera now works again.

This is not a fix for the faint hearted, you will need a very small philips screwdriver and nerves of steel as you prise the screen out.

I take no repsonsibility for this advice but it worked for me. Please show your appreciation by viewing snaptease.com

Good luck

5. macrumors newbie

Solved!!!!!!!

VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION HERE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFt0b-CfVrQ

You just have to press the part where the camera is. They say that camera lens loosened out from its mother board. Just have to press with your 2 finger like sandwich and the camera will return to its position.:):):)