3G phones syncing

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by gaomay, Feb 19, 2003.

1. gaomay macrumors regular

Just been reading about Sony-Ericsson's latest 3G phone which has just been announced at a ceonference in Cannes. It will be able to sync with Macs (hurrah!).
    However, it has mp3 capabilities also so I was wondering if Apple have any plans to allow the phone to communicate with iTunes via Bluetooth, maybe a phone playlist to which you can add or take a way tunes like any other playlist but which syncs with the phone when its connected?

2. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

maybe, put probably not.

Thats something that youd be looking for in itunes 4 or something, i doubt that it will have specific support but maybe apple will add some sort of facility so that itunes can see compatible mp3 players via bluetooth, that would be nice but seeing that bluetooth is relatively slow ya never know..

3. iFresh macrumors newbie

p800?

Are you talking about the P800? Looks like a sweet phone- I hope it will connect through iSync.

Anyone know how much it will cost or when it is coming out?

4. gaomay thread starter macrumors regular

not P800

The P800 is still a GPRS phone - I'm talking about the Z1010 - just launched in Cannes and won't be available until later this year - looks sweet though!

See this website for details:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/3gsmworldcongress/

Twin cameras, long-range (up to 100m) Bluetooth and iSyncing with Mac (the first time I've noticed this on S-E's website).