Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nodootabooteet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Hello all,

I have had my iPad for a while now and it has worked fine using my 3G to access websites. Recently I have found that when I try to access the internet using the 3G that it will not connect to the internet. The iPad shows that I have full signal and my carrier name, but will not allow me to access anything regarding the web.

Has anyone else had this issue? I figured I would try to restore the iPad to original and use the same SIM card... no use. Any ideas?

Thanks

majomania

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2010
Jakarta, Indonesia
Hello... Yess it happened to my iPad also (with a full 3G) Actually it happened to my ipad and iphone 4. At first I tried to restart it each time (sometimes 2 times a day), but now what I did is just on/off the airplane mode. I tought it was my new carrier. Is it common this thing in iphone/ipad? I'm new in apple gadget, because until now in my blackberry (torch before that onyx) I rarely got this kind of problem. But because this is not my work phone including ipad, it doesnt bother me that much... Sorry for my english :)

seajay96

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
I have the same issue occasionally on Orange network in France. You should be able to fix it as described above, airplane mode on/off.

nodootabooteet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Thanks for replies. I tried the Airplane on/off mode and did not succeed. Talking to Apple and my Carrier (rogers) they are thinking that there might be an issue with my micro sim and suggest that I get a new one and switch my account onto it.

I will let you know how it works out when I get a chance to replace the sim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.