Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
I really wish to know what's the deal with apple and not wanting us to have edge. They did it with the 4S firmware now in iOS 6 the iPhone 4 doesn't have a 3G off/on switch! :mad:

Before I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 I had my 3G off.

Now updated it's still on edge and I can't turn my 3G back on. If anyone knows how, please let it be known! Thanks!

2h3cz81.jpg

Last edited:

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Strange... have to ask, but have you tried restarting the phone?
Looks like you're missing a couple of options.....although, I don't have the 3G toggle option anymore! (Not that I ever get it around here...or Edge...)

Maybe reinstalling iOS 6.

Attachments

• IMG_1267.PNG
    IMG_1267.PNG
    198.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1268.PNG
    IMG_1268.PNG
    172.8 KB · Views: 133

Morvajo

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2008
I'm havin the exact same issue and I just can't seem to find a way to fix it, I even tried resetting all settings and it didn't work :(

kobazik

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2010
London
Downgrade

I did an update from 5.1 not full restore and I had 3G switched off. I'm wondering if I downgrade to 5.1 and enable 3G, then update to 6 beta will this help. I bit of a headache to restore everything and then if it worked I won't be able to switch off 3G which will drain my battery a lot :)

batfink666

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2010
I'm having the exact same problem

all i get is cellular data on/off

my phone wont connect to 3G at all, only edge

i've tried re-installing IOS6, and ive also downgraded to 5.1 and toggles 3g and updated to 6.0

no difference

I know this is a beta, but ive got some friends that have installed the exact same firmware on their phones and have not got this issue

Anyone had any luck fixing this?

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
I'm having the exact same problem

all i get is cellular data on/off

my phone wont connect to 3G at all, only edge

i've tried re-installing IOS6, and ive also downgraded to 5.1 and toggles 3g and updated to 6.0

no difference

I know this is a beta, but ive got some friends that have installed the exact same firmware on their phones and have not got this issue

Anyone had any luck fixing this?

Damn so downgrade doesn't work :/ I thought that would be the only fix I was about to try today.

batfink666

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2010
Ive read that this problem occurs when you install ios6 then restore info from a back from ios5

has anyone tried setting up ios6 as a new phone?

Irfin

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2011
I can't answer your question, but just want to share my experience. So I before I install iOS 6 beta on my iPhone 4, I was using iOS 5.1.1 with my 3G network switch OFF (because in my country the 3G connection kinda sucks ). Then I install teh iOS 6 using restore method and set it up as new Phone. My network then switch automatically to 3G (and also back to Edge if theres none/low 3G signal).

Yea, I'm looking for 3G switch On/Off too. Because based on my experience, low 3G signal (like 1-2 bar) can decrease my iPhone batt faster than if I switch to 2G/Edge.

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
I can't answer your question, but just want to share my experience. So I before I install iOS 6 beta on my iPhone 4, I was using iOS 5.1.1 with my 3G network switch OFF (because in my country the 3G connection kinda sucks ). Then I install teh iOS 6 using restore method and set it up as new Phone. My network then switch automatically to 3G (and also back to Edge if theres none/low 3G signal).

Yea, I'm looking for 3G switch On/Off too. Because based on my experience, low 3G signal (like 1-2 bar) can decrease my iPhone batt faster than if I switch to 2G/Edge.

Thanks but I'm dealing with edge until beta 2 it's released to see if that brings a fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.