Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

napy666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
I just found out about this jailbreak tweak, called 3G Unrestrictor, but does it really work? Like if I leave my home's WiFi, and walk around the neighborhood, and use this 3G Unrestrictor, does it really make certain APPS think, they are still on WiFi? And they run just fine, without cutting out their connection? I got Pokemon Go, and been having trouble with my 3G connection, playing the game, after leaving home from my WiFi, so I thought maybe this tweak, could get the Pokemon Go app to work, and think it's running off WiFi? Please help!

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
It won't help you with Pokémon go. Your issue sounds like it's just a bad connection from your carrier. That tweak will help you if you wanted to download apps larger than the App Store limit on cellular, or manually select quality on YouTube

napy666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Oh I see. Yeah I had to cancel my cell phone service due to pricing of the bill, so now I can only use the non-cell service phone on WiFi or IF I do use it away from home, it only picks up 3G, nothing else. :(

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
It's not going to work off wifi unless you actually have active cellular service. It's an online game/app that needs to communicate with a server to play.

napy666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Well I've played it a tin bit over my WiFi walking around my house.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I just found out about this jailbreak tweak, called 3G Unrestrictor, but does it really work? Like if I leave my home's WiFi, and walk around the neighborhood, and use this 3G Unrestrictor, does it really make certain APPS think, they are still on WiFi? And they run just fine, without cutting out their connection? I got Pokemon Go, and been having trouble with my 3G connection, playing the game, after leaving home from my WiFi, so I thought maybe this tweak, could get the Pokemon Go app to work, and think it's running off WiFi? Please help!

There we go with people having no clue what 3G unrestrictor is or does.
It tricks your phone to think it's connected to wifi while it uses your carriers data plan.
It does not give you data/internet for free or magically without having a valid sim card with a carrier's data plan.
It does not create wifi out of nowhere and lets you use data magically out of nothing.
I dont get how people think such thing exists for an app to give you internet without connecting to nothing with either a wifi network or to a carrier's line with a data plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.