3GS Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eighty6, Jun 17, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi just a quick question as I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere!

Does the 3GS support Bluetooth File Transfer between devices? (sending pictures etc?)

Thanks.

2. macrumors 68000

Maclver

No

3. macrumors member

Its really annoying I know, I believe that Apples reluctance is due to the whole iPod and people sharing music which of course would reduce sales on the iTunes store. You would have thought they would have let us share photos and other stuff though.

4. macrumors 601

Phil A.

I doubt it for two reasons:
    1) There is no physical reason the current iPhones can't do that (beyond being deliberately crippled by Apple) - it's not a hardware limitation but a very limited bluetooth stack implementation. Apple made a conscious decision to not allow it so I doubt they'd change their minds: It's certainly not available in the 3.0 software for the iPhones or iPod touch (2nd Gen)

2) If it were available then it would have been heavily advertised as a new feature. It hasn't, so it won't be

5. macrumors 65816

Nikos

Not sure about bluetooth, but there's a free app called Mover by Infinite Labs that allows you to share files with people on the same WiFi network.