Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gibson88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
United Kingdom
Just wondering with pretty much 2 months of usage how the Apple case is holding up? Any seems starting to tear or anything like that?

I just got the Apple case today and after reading all the negative stuff about it I wasn't getting my hopes up but I actually love it. The only thing that worries me is that I feel the case is going to come apart quite easily. I could be mistaken but if it lasts I'm gonna be more than happy!

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Mine has had 30 days of regular usage and it still works as good as it did on day one.

I'm really not sure where all the negative comments stem from.

Functional -- check.

Easy to clean -- check.

Keep iPad safe -- check.

Other than the fact that it may not be as fancy as other ones out there, I really like it.

YMMV.

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I never take my iPad out, it's a great case. However, there are wrinkles along the edge where it folds back- nothing serious, however.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Mine is mint. And I travel a lot, 4 flights a week, carry it in my briefcase along with my think pad and various other things.

Seems very hard wearing to me.

gnr319

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2009
I actually think the Apple case is the best case on the market right now. Too bad it's sold out at the Apple store near me. Does anyone know if Best Buy carries them?

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Well I'll be the odd man out here. Actually I was just thinking today of posting the same thing earier today. I bought mine on launch day and have been using it every day since.

I would say to someone who hasn't been using it since day one might think it's okay but I'm seeing some signs of wear.

It always looks dingy, the outside seams are getting "crushed" which actually isn't a bad thing. The "hinge" is pretty worn out and the fold to the left of the apple logo is wearing out and won't hold the it up anymore when trying to set it upright landscape viewing.

All it all it's okay but I don't see it lasting a real long time. But using it every day I can't expect much.

Guess well see how the Vaja case I have ordered looks after two months.

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
Awesome... it has not got a scuff or mark or anything. Holding up way better then i thought it would.
It has not left the living room but it has had more then its share of being passed around and used hours on end between the 3 of us.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
So far so good. I got the iPad imported from the States on the US launch and totally forgot to add the Apple case to it. So I preordered the case on the UK launch and have had it since the 27th of May. So far so good, im actually liking it. Initially i didnt like the material but i guess im getting used to it.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I've had mine since day-1. The case is serviceable (works) but is far from "great". the excess seam material interferes with the volume rocker and the speaker holes block the speaker.

2dchikp.jpg

I've recently replaced it with a Macally Bookstand... which is an improvement, but still not perfect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.