3rd Gen. Ipod Battery

Discussion in 'iPod' started by beloved84, Jul 30, 2006.

1. beloved84 macrumors regular

Jun 1, 2006
    I have a dead ipod (3rd gen) that needs a replacement battery. where is the best place to get one?
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i would look at OWC as they are a reliable place to order and have good support too.
  3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    And their batteries work too :)
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    well thats a given. ;)
    its just that i've seen people claiming to sell iPod batteries before that don't really seem to ensure support or compatibility.
  5. CuteGothTech macrumors member

Jul 30, 2006

Newer Technology batteries for all ipod models are sold at Other World computing. They are actually better than the oiginal battery. They last 40% longer and have a longer life. There is a 1 year warranty on the battery as well. If you need to have your battery changed, I suggest you take it to an authorized apple service center as they are difficult to change out. Some 3rd gens are hard to get open, plus, if you don't do it right you can rip the cable from the logic board to the hold button. (I now, I did this once and had to replace the hold button board). If you can't find a service center that can replace the battery, PM me or send me an email and I can tell you where to send it.
  6. kmarketing macrumors 6502

Mar 26, 2004

i have 2 3g ipods that I need to get new batteries for (I hope that's what they need).

What do you think about the batteries on ebay? They are much cheaper and some of them say 3 - 6 months warranty. Do you think they would be reliable?

I checked out the ones on owc. They're more than double the price but if they are better then that may be the way to go. With their 1 year warranty, does that mean they will replace it if it goes bad within the year?

thanks so much!