3rd Gen iPods can hold pics!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CubaTBird, Oct 29, 2004.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Wasn't their a Belkin product that came out a year ago that you would hook up to your 3rd gen ipod and then place your sd card into it and it would upload the pics to your ipod? I don't remember if it actually allowed you to view the pics on the ipod but I know you could at least store them and view the album names. I think then you would hook the ipod back to your comp and it would sync back into iphoto right? Am I right here or totally off. :confused:

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

belkin attachment just allows you to store the photo on iPod used as an ext. HD. you can't see any of the photos or folders or albums. when you connect the iPod, you'll see the photos inside the iPod mounted as a HD.

3. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Technically, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation iPod's can hold pictures, and view them too.

You need to install uClinux on it, and the pictures have to be exactly 160x160 (or whatever the iPod's screen resolution is) and they can only be in 4 color grayscale..... :(

It's too much work for me to view pics on my 3rd generation iPod, but having a unix shell on it is nice.... and geeky.

[​IMG]