3rd gig of RAM in C2D Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hush, Oct 26, 2006.

1. hush macrumors member

Hi,
    yes, I know this must be a question already answered in so many replies over those huge threads... but believe me, I tried to find them! All posts about macbook pro become so long that this is my fourth headache, so... if you are so kind... :)

My problem is that I am thinking about getting a 3 gigs C2D MBP, but the extra cost is more than 500€... i don't know why it's so expensive... is that cost justified? wil I get any remarkable benefit of that extra gig?

Thanx in advance.

hUsh

2. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Most people aren't going to need it. It's cliche, but if you don't know whether you will need it or not, chances are you don't need it. You'd have to tell us what you will be using it for and perhaps how much time you will spend using it for more insightful answers.

3. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

What's your use case? Will you be using professional applications such as Final Cut Pro and Aperture.

Are you a Photoshop user?

If you fit any of these, the extra RAM may be justified. Otherwise, save your money.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

2 Gb modules are expensive because they are expensive. This may change over time.

Whether you will get a benefit depends entirely on the type of work you are doing. If you regularly use programs that need a lot of RAM (digital audio or video production or professionl graphic design) or open a lot of programs at once so that their total memory requirement is over 2 Gb, you may see a benefit of the extra Gb.

It all depends.

5. hush thread starter macrumors member

first of all... thanks for your responses :)

well, regarding the use I will give my laptop... I am buying a protools system... anyway I think it will be nice with 2 gigs, but I am thinking about latency when recording, where is recommended as much RAM memmory as possible.

But 500 bucks!!!???