3rd try: AB Icons?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zellin, Jun 1, 2005.

1. zellin macrumors regular

This is the third time I've posted this and have not yet gotten a reply. I'll try to be even clearer this time.
    I am having a problem with Apple's Address Book. I cannot change the icon for my card. By icon I mean the picture you can associate with yourself, and other contacts (but it works for them). What I want to know is where on my hard drive Address Book keeps the icons, so I can change it manually if I have to.
    Thank you for replying, hopefully!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try going through System Preferences - User Accounts - Picture instead.

I'm not having any trouble changing the picture of me, but sometimes it reverts back to the default after a restart which is a bit annoying.

3. zellin thread starter macrumors regular

Although I can change it that way, it just changes back whenever I open up AB.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Is Address Book closed when you change it through System Preferences?

5. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

The Address Book uses your user picture for the picture associated with your personal ("me") record. As the guy before me said, if you change your System Prefs ->User Accounts -> Picture, it will also show up in Address Book. This is image is also used in iChat, though you can change the iChat pic to something else and it will stay changed.

6. zellin thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately, I can change the Sys Prefs icon but AB overrides it. Whenever I open AB both icons revert to the old one.