3rdpath and tanks

Discussion in 'Community' started by LethalWolfe, Mar 12, 2003.

1. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Just curious if you were able to dig up those killed tank numbers from the Gulf War (since the original thread got 86'ed). Bradley's have armor, treads and a turret but besides that they have little in common w/a tank. Different beasts for different purposes. And, B2TM, the Bradley isn't an APC either. APCs are larger and are much less armed. The Bradley is kinda like a middle ground between the two.

If we were talking cars I'd say an APC would be a 15 passenger van, a Bradley would be an SUV, and a tank would be a monster truck. :D

Lethal

2. job macrumors 68040

job

I'd say the Bradley is a IFV - an Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

Carries troops, fights troops.

Also, they discovered during the Gulf War that the Bradley's chain gun can take out a T-72/T-80 main battle tank.

My random contribution.

3. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    hey lethal,

haven't had a chance..got too caught up in the political discussions drama last night...NTM, spent about 20 minutes just looking for the thread...:rolleyes: didn't even know there was a wasteland...

anyway, i will search it out soon...currently caught in architect/general contractor hell.

btw, still say the tank vs. apc stuff is splitting hairs.;) but what the heck do i know?

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

You want to get a little more info on the military - go to www.fas.org and then click the link for Conventional Weapons, they have everything!

Bradley

D

5. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Hey, don't worry 'bout it. I was just curious. :)

Lethal