4/433. Amazing.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Chundles, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

New world record in One-Day Internationals set tonight by Australia vs. South Africa.

4/434 at a run-rate of 8.68 runs per over.

Ponting 164 runs from 105 balls including 13 fours and 9 sixes.
    Hussey 80 runs from 75 balls including 9 fours and three sixes.
    Katich 79 runs from 90 balls including 9 fours and one six.
    Gilchrist 55 runs from 44 balls including 9 fours.
    Symonds 27 from 13 balls including 3 fours and one six.
    Lee 9 runs from 7 balls.

Simply incredible score. For those who don't know cricket, a score of or around 300 is seen as a good to unbeatable score. To knock up over 400 from 300 balls is an incredible feat, especially against the strong South African team.

2. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Unbelievable....

The Proteas chased it down.

S.Africa 9/438.

I simply cannot believe it. How does a team allow that number of runs to be taken off us. The Aussie bowlers should be strung up and shot and Ponting should be strung up, shot, re-animated, strung up and shot again.

Good on the Saffas for winning a record-breaking match but the Aussies should be hanging their heads in shame.

Shame Ricky Ponting, Shame.
    Boonie would be most disappointed in you, a fellow Taswegian, for not taking the opportunity to win by a truckload and more.

Shame Australian bowling line-up, Shame.
    Inexperienced, untried and totally outlcassed. Why? Cause we stuck so long with the same four blokes that we didn't think "hey, maybe the best two of those four blokes might not be able to play one day" and brought them in earlier. I'm all for blooding new talent but there has to be talent in the first place. What I have seen of Lewis and Clark and Bracken and to a lesser extent Lee and Symonds and Clarke hasn't impressed me. They aren't quick enough, don't swing the ball at all, they're boring, boring bowlers.

Shame, Shame, Shame.
    [​IMG]

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Wow. High scoring match. I wish we could see it in the UK (without evil Sky). Given that both teams scored so many runs will the bowlers on both sides not be blaming the pitch?

4. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

They'll be blaming anything but they're own performance. No top-class bowling attack should surrender that many runs regardless of the pitch - if you bowl in the right place it doesn't matter how good a batting wicket it is you're still going to be hard to play.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

As the commentators here in the UK are so fond of reminding us: it's all about line and length.

6. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

wow what a great match! I must say that the whole series so far has been really exciting. The only we reason we let you guys win the last match was to keep it exciting for this game :p
    Pity i have to "watch" it on www.Cricinfo.com :(
    I really miss my crciket over here :(

7. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

You didn't watch the match did you, never before have i seen bowling so outclassed in a match. The south africans batted magnificantly, they had nothing to lose, hats of to them for an amazing effort

p.s they brought the 300 up in the 33rd over to give you some idea how fast they scored. Herchelle gibbs got out in the 32nd over for 175, never has a batsman had a better chance for 200 in a onedayer

8. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

I saw this when I woke up this morning, I couldn't believe it. Just waiting for it to come onto a torrent site now. And no, I dont feel for the Aussies ;)

9. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

I assume you guys aren't talking about the World Baseball Classic? :D

10. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Scorecard The single greatest day of cricket ever played, im my opinion, i am just glad i saw it, i have been waiting years for a 400 score to come along, but twice in one match is simply astonishing.

11. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Mate, nobody here gives a rats about baseball.

12. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

That's simply unbelievable! I'll have to hunt around to find a rebroadcast of that one. I've only been following cricket for a couple of years now, but even a newcomer can understand that this is an amazing result. Plus, it gives me something to razz my Aussie friends about, which is always a good thing.:)

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I don't think I understood a single phrase in the first two posts. :confused: