4 Computers with 1 iTunes Library?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacFan25863, Apr 11, 2006.

1. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004
    Hi everyone,

I have 4 computers in my house. I have an iMac G5, which holds all of my music library, an iBook, a Powerbook, and a Dell running Windows XP. Until now, I've been using iTunes Music Sharing so everyone has access to the music. I would now, however, like to make it so that each computer is linked to the central library, and can add songs, sync their iPod, etc from the computer they most often use. However, I would also like the Powerbook to have a copy of the music library on its own HD so that I can take my music on the road.

I have pointed my Windows XP iTunes to the iMac's library, but it only seems to be adding 3000 of the 7000 songs that we have.

Is there a way to do all this?

2. bursty macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2004
    You can set it up so that their iTunes library will be your music but I dont think you are allowed to add music to your iPod from a networked library. I tried briefly a while back and couldnt get them to add. If someone has looked into it more, I'd be interested in trying it again.
  3. rye9 macrumors 65816

Sep 20, 2005
    New York (not NYC)
    I believe a program called OurTunes (downloadable off internet) can do what you want. I could be mistaken though.