4" is perfect!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ApplesAOranges, Feb 13, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

But jezus christ loose the chin and forehead!!!!!!!!!

The thing is so long like Ron Jeremy´s... :eek:

It´s like a TV remote for crying out loud! :eek:

2. macrumors newbie

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

No. Simply put the iPhone 5 is too long, but the screen size is perfect. So lose the chin and forehead, or at least make them shorter.

Even the iMac chin is shorter now than it used to be.

4. macrumors 65816

shenfrey

It's there for practical reasons. If they made the home button any smaller it would be harder to press, it's the perfect size for that thump they tout so much about.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Well don´t you think it´s time for evolution or even revolution? I wouldn´t mind a much smaller button. Or maybe they can implement the "no home button at all", which have been rumouring around.

6. macrumors 65816

shenfrey

I am not for or against whatever they do, I am just saying why the 'chin' is there. I am sure they will remove it once there hardware has evolved enough to be used without it.

7. Guest

The length is still shorter than virtually every android phone in existence. The S III is taller for instance. It's the narrow width that's giving you the perception that its too tall. I think you just want it to look shorter so it looks lightly better proportion wise. It can't be practicality issue because its already virtually the shortest phone on the market.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

No, it is a practicality issue. I really have to reach with my thumb to push the buttons up of the screen. I can´t reach them without moving my hand and that causes a risk for the iPhone to fall, not to mention the strain on my hand.

With iPhone 4 I didn´t have any problems.