4 months...still can't use os x...help!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by jvaska, Sep 27, 2002.

1. jvaska macrumors 6502

i installed it four months ago...but i've been so busy (until now) that i haven't tried to solve the problem...

so...today...i went and bought a BRAND NEW hard drive...installed...partitioned...installed os x...and guess what...

still doesn't work...argh! when it boots...it just hangs...brings me to a gray screen...i have booted into a few times before when it was on a different drive...but it only worked about 15% of the time...so i KNOW that it can work eventually...

any ideas out there?

it's version 10.1.3 (i'm not paying another dime for 10.2 until i make this work)...

might the problem be that this drive is a "slave" drive?
    is the other drive somehow conflicting with this?

at this point...i am completely stumped...

thanks for any thoughts...jv

2. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Unless this is regarding an older post, please include as many details about your setup as possible. Right now everybody would be guessing and that's not what you want.

Again, specifics, specifics, specifics ...

3. jvaska thread starter macrumors 6502

woops

hey...sorry...

actually...i think i found the problem...i'm pretty sure i had a bad stack of ram...and...my moust might be conflicting...

i sort of expected one of my ram chips to not work...but the mouse is unexpected...but i was going to buy a new one anyways...

as long as i keep my mouse unplugged when booting to os x...it seems ok...then i just stick it back in and it's good...

so...i should just delete this thead...but hopefully in the future this might be helpful information to somebody...

thanks mucho!