4-player 1-system coop games (360)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by mrgreen4242, Dec 1, 2007.

1. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Does anyone know of any games for the 360 that support 4 players on one system (split screen) in coop mode? Looking for a couple titles to break up the death match monotony when I have friends over for gaming on the big screen (97", so split screen is not a big problem) night.

2. macrumors Core

Dagless

Nope, in co-op you're limited to 2 people per Xbox, but (I believe) it supports 4 players via lan and Live.

Co-op looks poo too, the screen ratio is really buggered up in 2 player splitscreen.

ultra late edit- in Halo 3 that is.

3. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

That's weird, I mean there's plenty of games that support 4 players on the sane system multiplayer matches, and there's games, like you said that support 4 players in coop on different machines, so it stands to reason that this would be possible.

Ah well.

4. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

fusion frenzy 2
    viva pinata : party animals
    scene it! : lights camera action

all support 4 players, but I'm guessing those aren't the type you want to play.

5. macrumors regular

the story modes of games are more process intense, therefore it cant handle 4. btw, 97? sweet!

6. macrumors 68000

wwooden

Yeah, I'm guessing it has to do with the system resources. I don't think they system can handle running 4 different views at once.

Ghost Recon: AW does have a multiplayer that is similar to a campaign style in that you have to work together to reach checkpoints and takeout targets, and I think you can do four people on one system.

7. macrumors 65816

Whilst on a similar note can anyone suggest a good 2 player co-op game for myself and the fiancee? WE've recently played through and enjoyed Halo 3 but open to ideas.

8. macrumors 68000

wwooden

Lego Star Wars is a great co-op game, and both sexes like it. It's fun enough so that the experienced gamer will find secrets to satisfy them, but the controls are simple enough for a new person to pick up.