4 quadrants of video in Final Cut Express

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Super Macho Man, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Super Macho Man macrumors 6502a

Super Macho Man

Hi, I have prerecorded video streams from 4 different camera angles. I want these streams to appear "tiled," in 4 quadrants of the screen, in the final output. Can FCE do this? I already have FCE on-hand and don't have the budget for FC Pro.

Also, if I can do this, I assume it would mean playing back 4 DV files simultaneously? Is a 7200rpm SATA drive fast enough for this? Would adding a 2nd HD and setting up software RAID 0 in Mac OS X improve things?

I know little about video editing, but more than anyone else I work with, so I got the task of doing this. I have a couple books on FCE, and I looked through them but was not able to find the answer because I don't know the proper terminology for what I'm trying to do.

I'm not even sure what version of FCE this is. The copyright on the box is 2003, but we haven't installed it yet.

Thank you for any help :p

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Stack your different angles on different video tracks (camera 1 on V1, camera 2 on V2, etc.,) and then double click on V4 (this will open that clip in the view). Using the Scale and Center functions (make sure you have wireframes turned on) resize the video until it takes up 1/4 of the screen. Do the same thing w/the other 3 video tracks. You can also use the "crop" function to help fine tune your resizing.

Lethal

3. Super Macho Man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Super Macho Man