4 Replacements MacBook Airs in 10 days

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by qwerf123, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors regular

Jul 23, 2011
    This is in relation to the thread earlier I started: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1206613

Sadly people went a bit off topic with accusing me of creating problems so i thought I would start another thread more on topic and hopefully it won't get closed before I can even reply to any comments as I now have working MBA/computer now.

I had bought an i7 13" MacBook Air from my local apple store but I faced multiple issues

The issues I had that I stated were:

1)The first one I got had a faulty track pad which wouldn't click and had a huge gap on one side. Then when I raised this to the Apple employee who served me, but he tried to start an argument with me so I got the store leader involved to sort it out which he did

2)The 2nd was overheating and the display was not working properly,

3)And the third was making a buzzing sound each time the trackpad was used, which was particulary noticeable in a quite room.

I just got my 4th today and luckily, it has no issues and I got a Samsung Display and SSD which I am extremely happy about and this has now restored my faith in Apple after the complete mess they caused.

Many people claimed I was faking these issue but the the Apple Store I visited gladly exchanged them each time (apart from the first occasion) without issues and inspected the MBA each time. Also I never scammed the £65/$100 gift card each time as they only thing they did was exchange my MBA each time as I had already redeemed my voucher anyway so they couldn't offer me a full refund without losing £65 of the total value which i didn't want.

I just want to know if anyone else has had issues with the quality of their Macbook Airs and what the issues were?

And please this time, nothing too off topic, I just want to see if anybody else had faced quality issues with the latest 2011 MacBook Air

2. Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    Please give us some time to deal with the fallout from the other thread. Let everyone cool down a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.