Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Wow guys, nice, thanks for everyone who has done this, this is a new level.

Great Job! :)

Keep IT UP!

Very nice!

All of you who have been kicking it into hyper-drive, very nice.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Wow, that was fast! This fall I can get 2 new eMacs + an iMac folding 24/7, + my g4 and my brothers new 970(as soon as they come out!)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
wow! unbelievable, and here we were hoping to get 3000 in a week! Very cool - how long will we be able to keep it going?

I haven't been doing much myself, someone else must be putting in a few extra machines. Rower, did you get more machines going in your lab?

D

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
wow! unbelievable, and here we were hoping to get 3000 in a week! Very cool - how long will we be able to keep it going?
D

I think you mean 30 k a week, the record we passed like a week ago. :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by jimthorn
Absolutely incredible! Let's keep this going! 50K!

50k? now that would be impressive. That's over 7k a day! The only way I see that happening is if we get an influx of dual 970s over the summer.......but we'd still need a lot - 1000 point a day is 20 - 30 WUs extra. That's more than 20 - 30 more machines - although, I imagine given the numbers for the MacBidouille specs, a dual 1.8 970 might be able to pump out 1 or more WUs a day....

D

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Rower, did you get more machines going in your lab?

D

Nope. We've been static for quite some time. We will be moving the Mac lab over to the latest core (i.e. Gromacs) in the next two weeks, so I might see a little boost in output there.

I think it's primarily Zeke and bertinman who are driving this new increase.

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
I started folding this week (sporatically, I don't think I pushed us over the edge). I've got a dual processor and it looks like both processors are working on the exact same work unit. Is that how it is supposed to work? I downloaded the dual script from the FAQ posted at the top of this board.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Originally posted by bbarnhart
I started folding this week (sporatically, I don't think I pushed us over the edge). I've got a dual processor and it looks like both processors are working on the exact same work unit. Is that how it is supposed to work? I downloaded the dual script from the FAQ posted at the top of this board.

Maybe you just have 2 of the same WU's by luck ?

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
I can't believe we are doing 40,000 a week now. I also remember when we were doing 3000 a week, it was not that long ago. Only months. I guess my new Athlon is really helping out!

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Originally posted by jethroted
I can't believe we are doing 40,000 a week now. I also remember when we were doing 3000 a week, it was not that long ago. Only months. I guess my new Athlon is really helping out!

I've just added an athlon 1500+. Could that be responsible? ;)

I suspect that much of this rise can be attributed to students not being in the labs anymore, so mc68k, rower, zeke et all are seeing their stats rise. What worries me though is: what will happen when term starts again? Will our production drop?

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Originally posted by britboy
Will our production drop?

yup, you bet.

the summer increase is a good thing though, if not only for the nice boost in points, but also for moral and getting more people to join--a team which is doing well, is a team that attracts new members ;).

bert

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by bertinman
yup, you bet.

the summer increase is a good thing though, if not only for the nice boost in points, but also for moral and getting more people to join--a team which is doing well, is a team that attracts new members ;).

bert

Yeah well, I don't think a really big hit.

Seriously tho, I'm sure we can get some members to join over the summer right?

Maybe we can get a couple MR members at the Folding Forums... ;)

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by pEZ
Guys? Holy crap. We broke 7,000 points today. Our computers are on speed or other processor enhancing drug.
Maybe so but that is only one of the stats pages.

Statsman and team macnn say a little different. We get close to 7k but I think more around 6,500 ... :rolleyes:

Still an amasing amound, good frikken job you guys! :)

pEZ

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
I've been tending to believe Extreme Overclocking's stats because they have been very close to the truth in terms of predicting stuff, at least since they last updated the site format.

Seriously, do you really want to take suggestions from MacNN? :D

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
The disparity is in how they view a "day". ExtremeOCers use the calendar day, while Statsman and MacNN use the last 24 hours.

I say take whatever looks best and use it. :D

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
The disparity is in how they view a "day". ExtremeOCers use the calendar day, while Statsman and MacNN use the last 24 hours.

I say take whatever looks best and use it. :D

I think no matter how you slice it, it was a record day for MacRumors Team Folding.

Record day so far, anyway. The production graph on extremeoverclocking just keeps going up and up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.