400 Posts, I feel so insignificant

Discussion in 'Community' started by rice_web, Jan 5, 2003.

1. rice_web macrumors 6502a

rice_web

Well, this is my 400th post, which begs the question, just how much time have I spent on MacRumors? I've been visiting this site since October 2001, averaging at least few minutes a day at the site. I've likely spent a complete day or two browsing these forums.

Oh well, one hundred more to go 'til the avatar.

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hehe

Thats cool. Its quite crazy. I think dukestreet is at like 9000 or something!

Im at around 1530 or somewhere in that ballpark.

3. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

It's crazy when you actually work out how long you spend on here, the thing that shocks me is that some people must literally live on here, over 500 posts in less than a couple of months is a hell of a lot of messages, I've only been registered since December of 2001 and I'm up to about 480 messages now. I've never seen the point in posting a reply to every single thread, I go days at a time just reading, I've got 1 funny avatar waiting for when I eventually hit the 500 point though!

4. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

I, too, am fast approaching the 400 mark. Hell - I've been posting on this site for what seems an eternity (back in the days of Akura, John123 and evildead - and when Mr. Hat only had 100 posts!!!!).

I probably would be right up there, too - if I wasn't putting in so much overtime at work, and if my 2 year old didn't need so much attention. Still - I'd rather be playing in his little world than to miss out on our fun times together.

Speaking of Avatars - I'm wondering the best way to make one. Who's got a clue? What program do you use? I've some ideas - but I'd better get started now if I want a half-decent one...

;)

5. atomwork macrumors regular

crazy

I am here since 2001 and feel like i never reach even 100 posts. :) go go go

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

ImageReady (bundled with Photoshop) is the only way to go :)

7. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

400 posts and you are still just a "regular"? Thats discouraging lol

8. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I'm coming up close to being a regular:D, I'm at around 60 posts. I can't wait till 500, then i'll get an avatar and be happy :)

9. Will Jones macrumors member

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

once again the subject of post count arises...

and I'm sure that the subject of relevancy of posts will also arise... :rolleyes:

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Just keep on posting, with persistance you will make the magic 500th! Patience will win the goal! Great to have you visit whenever, post when available.

12. job macrumors 68040

job

oh i know!

we can make a thread talking about post counts to increase our post counts.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: