40GB Click Wheel iPod for Sale

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by HardHatMac9, Oct 26, 2004.

1. HardHatMac9 macrumors regular

Jun 2, 2004
    Hi all...

I'm looking to upgrade to the iPod photo (avid photographer)...so I'm parting with my 40GB iPod.

I have 5,000 songs on it pre-loaded, the Apple Carrying Case, Extra Apple Earphones, and an Extra Apple Charger. The whole enchilada for $389 plus shipping. Lemme know if you're interested via PM.
  2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I hate it when people say this, but do not have any legal right to sell your iPod with any kind of music, that you do not own. Just fyi, people on these forums tend to look down on including unlicensed music, applications, etc. with their sales.

Good luck with your iPod! :)

EDIT: not that I have a problem buying an iPod with 5,000 songs on it :D ; it's just considered stealing if you don't include the CDs with the iPod.
  3. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2004
    I have a question about legal music. If someone loads music (off CDs that they own and bought) to their iPod, is that music legal to sell? Since the music is not downloaded and was legitly bought, it seems like it, but one could also say that the rights to that music is only to the origional owner. What do you think?
  4. HardHatMac9 thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 2, 2004
    My Bad. The buyer has the option to delete all the music if they like, or not upload it to their computer. No intentions to piss anyone off.
  5. atomiton macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2004
    unless you're Canadian... as all P2P music is paid for by the recording media levy.

$0.79 / disc.

KevRC4130: depends on if you include the original media. If so, and if you're not in Canada, then of course. the media is the proof of purchase.
  6. kirk26 macrumors 6502a

Jun 21, 2003
    West Virginia