Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sugati

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2003
again, along the same lines as the link from CDW I posted earlier, I checked out CompUSA's site for ipods this morning and found some weird anomalies.

http://www.compusa.com/products/products.asp?srch_type=mfg&mfg_id=990&page_num=2

There are two ipods in the list that stand out from the others as odd.

iPod 10GB MP3 Player
Product Number:292312
Brand: Apple $349.88

iPod MP3 Player
Product Number:288491
Brand: Apple $399.99

just find it strange really. maybe those have always been listed there.

sparks9

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2003
Copenhagen
Originally posted by sugati
again, along the same lines as the link from CDW I posted earlier, I checked out CompUSA's site for ipods this morning and found some weird anomalies.

http://www.compusa.com/products/products.asp?srch_type=mfg&mfg_id=990&page_num=2

There are two ipods in the list that stand out from the others as odd.

iPod 10GB MP3 Player
Product Number:292312
Brand: Apple $349.88

iPod MP3 Player
Product Number:288491
Brand: Apple $399.99

just find it strange really. maybe those have always been listed there.

Well that's just the old iPods, without remote and case and using scrolwheel... nothing new there.

vanillamike

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
40 GB drive no longer listed

Hey,

I was just looking at Toshiba Storage Device Devision website and the listing and the link for the 40 GB 1.8" HDD (0.8mm) drive is no longer there. Hmm I wonder if they meant to have that up there in the first place. The probably noticed all the hits they were getting with people trying to click the 40 GB link.

Mike

KLFloyd

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2002
Gainesville, FL
NEW 5GB SHIPPING!?

I'm a member over at the Apple Discussion boards and one of the guys over there ordered a 5GB iPod just a day or two before Apple (Mid January) put up their out of stock notice and he received his iPod today. (He was quoted a ship date of mid Feb.)

I asked him to keep me posted when his iPod arrived and if he noticed any changes and this is what he posted. I received the reply immediatley because I signed up for the e-mail notification. Will be interested to see if Apple trashes the post soon...

Usage: Are the 5GB iPods on backorder? --
RE: Are the 5GB iPods on backorder?.

hey all
i recieved my 5 GB iPod today and i think its the one with the scroll wheel. anyways im very pleased its simply amazing.

sean

View/reply at RE: Are the 5GB iPods on backorder? <http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?13@@.3bbe6ca4/17>

KLFloyd

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2002
Gainesville, FL
Originally posted by vanillamike
When he says "the one with the scroll wheel" does he mean a touch scroll wheel or the mechanical one?

Mike

Sorry, i have no idea. I just posted word for word what he wrote. I left a message in the forum asking him for more info, will let you know if I hear anything...

RedEric

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2003
Wales
No iPods in UK

Went to buy a 20gb iPod today and none of the main retailers in the UK could get one for me. Apparently the same applies for the 10gb. Both suppliers said that it was due to Apple "not replenishing their stock for SOME time"

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
I don't know if I can wait much longer on the iPods. Hopefully, some updates will come this week.

pyrex

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2003
heh, i was waiting out, then i was like screw it, so i got a 20 gb ipod today

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.