Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I'll save you some money..... B&H is closes early on Fridays ( before sundown) and is closed Saturdays . They're open Sundays , but you might be trapped for time then . Think I'd bring a 24-70 24-105 or similar if you've got one , and a 35 to play street photographer with . you know you want to bring your 35 'lux .

OOPS!! too late RX7DUDE beat me with the 'bad' news .

and yes.... 35 Lux is deffo coming along... I think NYC screams to be shot at f1.4.

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
and yes.... 35 Lux is deffo coming along... I think NYC screams to be shot at f1.4.
Yup ... leave the 70-200 home . I can only think of a few places I'd want a long lens for . A few years back I took my 100-400 over specifically to get those places . It was pretty unwieldy , don't know if I'd do it again . If your widest is the 28-70 then pano stitching might bail you out on wide shots.Don't forget a hood for the 28-70 if you have one and a polarizer to deal with unexpected glare .

georgeinnj

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
New Jersey, USA

You're definitely going to need a fast lens for the museum and any other indoor shots. Besides that terrific list of spots that the old guy put together I would also take a look at grand central station and the UN complex. And, if you have any energy left over you can try the 59th street bridge where you can get some nice shots of Roosevelt island and the midtown skyline.

Reactions: kenoh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.