$49.95 3yrs or $44.99 2yrs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pimentoLoaf, May 4, 2006.

1. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Depends on whether you pay MacAddict directly for a subscription (2 yrs) or something called Magazine Billing Services, a middleman based out of a POBox in San Luis Obispo, CA.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Hey, SLOtown, that is where I'm from. Can I say that I'm the middleman? Just pay me $49.95 for the hell of it.

3. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

Are you looking to setup a subscription with MacAddict? It's always best to go directly threw them. You can search google for a cheaper rate, but to be safe I always order directly. I called Computer Shopper up the last time I renewed and asked if I could get the renewal fee for the same price it was a few years back as I have old books that has renewals for $12 a year and was not sure if they were still valid. Ended up getting the price so sometimes it's best to call and see if any deals are going on.

4. pimentoLoaf thread starter macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

In the past, MBS would tally up the cover price, then remove a few dollars to make it look like a bargain. Tremendous number of complaints changed that, and now my renewal, truz, will be a bargain.

5. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

MacADDICT is $14.95 for a years subscription at amazon.com without the disks. CD's are not needed as they give that cd for free via download on there website. All you need is the mag, you can also purchase an online subscription for like $10 a year (digital).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0608-8998324?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=599858

Macworld is also only $19.97 a year at amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0608-8998324?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=599858

6. pimentoLoaf thread starter macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Not getting a CD every month? :eek:

A travesty, I tell you! A travesty! :p