4G Ipod Cases

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by rapps, Jul 22, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

Do I need to get a new case for my 4G ipod thats in the mail? Anyone have any links to some good cases or skins?

Thanks!

2. macrumors regular

C-Mezak

While many of the cases for the 3G iPods will probably work with the new ones (though the newer ones are a bit slimmer), I havent seen any new skins out yet. I was going to get a skin from www.radtech.us for the 3G I ad on order, but Monday morning Apple sent me an email saying that they were sending me a 4G instead. Radtech seemed to be the best out there, so I hope they get their 4G skin out soon!

Charlie

3. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

There will be a myriad of skins and pouches to accomodate the new iPod. I say give it 2 weeks. Most people haven't even received a new 4G iPod yet, so don't worry about availability of accessories until 2 weeks from now. ;)

4. macrumors P6

~Shard~

Your best bet is to keep checking the likes of iSkin, etc. - I can almost guarantee you that they'll have something released, tailored for the 4G iPod, in a matter of weeks.

5. macrumors 6502

havent seen ne yet, most 3g cases shpuld work. and radtech makes one of the best ipod cases available

6. macrumors member

not quite

the wheel is in a different spot, up a little higher, and not totally compatible! I know, I have 3 different cases, and none cover it like you would expect. the do work well and will function well until new ones come out.

7. macrumors regular

The $25 InCase leather sleeve for 3G iPods works great for the 4Gs

8. macrumors regular

I just purchased a "Monster" brand case. It's not really a case, but the 4G ipod I just got kind of clips in there. The back is totally covered and there is a clip to attach it to a deal that sticks on your car dash. The front is totally open...which is kind of good and kind of bad. It was around $20 at CompUSA. I'm sure there are better ones and WILL be better ones. Just needed something to get me by until new ones are out.

9. macrumors 6502

Due to the placement of the wheel, the 1g and 2g cases (subject to thickness) seem to work really well. I picked up an STM iPod Armour which has a perfectly placed gap for the new Clickwheel. Something to use in the interim for protection before 4g cases arrive.