4G iPod Engravings

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Bran, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Bran macrumors member

I tried to order a 20GB 4G from Apple.ca's education store. It asked $27 for engraving while a banner before the buy link says Free Engraving... what's going ??? Is engraving only free for US people?

2. Bran thread starter macrumors member

American by any chance?

3. Bran thread starter macrumors member

Maybe i shouldn't flame you for it :p j/k

But yea, in their free engraving terms, they say 50 states and DC only. no canada

4. Thussy macrumors member

It's free on the regular site, but not on the educational on in Canada. I ran into the same problem.

5. Bran thread starter macrumors member

So what did you do about it?

6. Thussy macrumors member

The supervisor said something about that they're going to disco the free engraving on the new iPods. But i'm going to call back tomorrow and DEMAND my 27 dollars back.

7. kaline macrumors newbie

i think its worth 27$. I got it done and love it.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Back when they started this, it *was* free on the US Ed site FWIW...I got one right after the 15GB model replaced the 10GB in January or early Feb, through the US ed site, with free engraving....

9. Thussy macrumors member

Yeah, if they can give out free remotes and cases for the iPods due to an advertising mishap, they should be able to give us 27CDN for engraving, since it's still free everywhere else in the world!

10. Bran thread starter macrumors member

I have bit the bullet and ordered it with engraving despite the page telling me i have to pay $27 extra (hey what the hell spending $400 on the ipod already, what's another $27 to make it cooler).

But in my order status, the $27 doesn't exist anywhere, it says $389 before tax and $56 tax, so, I guess, that $27 there is a bug of some kind. Hope this helps people unsure about ordering from Canada EDU store.

Good luck, thanks for all the responses.

11. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

if i'm not mistaken, engraving is free in finnish store. i wonder why they make such local deals for it, as it must be quite a trivial thing to do for them anyway. if they offer it for free for someone, why on earth don't they make the same offer for everyone? i'd understand if it's another us-only thing, but it isn't.

12. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Just remember you can catch more flies with honey than you can vinegar. :)