Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

way2l84sanity

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Half way to everywhere
I have a 4g nano and when i plug it into my computer it is recognized and everything seems fine, but, the screen is blank. The backlight will come on but no picture, no menu, nada. Just a white screen. I can load music and everything but it doesn't change anything. I tried to reset the ipod, and i tried to refresh it. Nothing made a difference. Any help would be appreciated, if all else fails it's still under warrenty. :rolleyes:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I'm guessing it's a 4GB nano. If you've tried the 5 Rs (and you have tried the bits that would help), then take it back. They should be quite good about replacing it. :)

way2l84sanity

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Half way to everywhere
Sorry I forgot the b

Um.. there isn't a 4g nano. the newest is 2g

I'm sorry in my post that i forgot the b in the 4gb. I guess I thought everyone would know what i meant. So, for those of you who didn't,

have a 4gb nano and when i plug it into my computer it is recognized and everything seems fine, but, the screen is blank. The backlight will come on but no picture, no menu, nada. Just a white screen. I can load music and everything but it doesn't change anything. I tried to reset the ipod, and i tried to refresh it. Nothing made a difference. Any help would be appreciated, if all else fails it's still under warrenty.

I hope you understand what i mean now. ;)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I'm sorry in my post that i forgot the b in the 4gb. I guess I thought everyone would know what i meant. So, for those of you who didn't,

have a 4gb nano and when i plug it into my computer it is recognized and everything seems fine, but, the screen is blank. The backlight will come on but no picture, no menu, nada. Just a white screen. I can load music and everything but it doesn't change anything. I tried to reset the ipod, and i tried to refresh it. Nothing made a difference. Any help would be appreciated, if all else fails it's still under warrenty.

I hope you understand what i mean now. ;)

Well, have you tried the 5 R's? If that doesn't work then call Apple.

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
Did it ever work properly?

Try doing a Restore from within iTunes. If it still doesn't work you'll have to return it. Good luck ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.