Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Alright, so it started with something as simple as a "service battery" warning. For whatever reason, I decided that this meant "time to use the Apple Hardware Test". When I did, I got that error.

I checked, and it apparently means I have an SSD error.

When I looked it up, I found that somebody said "Disk warrior" solved the issue. Is this true? I'd rather not spend money on a program that doesn't actually fix the problem.

Or should I just take it in while I have the remaining warranty? I don't have an Apple store nearby, merely an authorized repair place, if that makes any difference.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
IMG_20130402_103255_zps6a8d239b.jpg

Should I get one with the longer test to make sure nothing goes wrong?

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Update: so, something wasn't installing and somebody on a forum somewhere said I should go into the recovery thing and ran disk repair. I did that, then went to go run the longer check just in case.

I usually run one and then the other, but this morning I hadn't been able to because of time. I started up the shorter one, since it only takes a couple minutes, and the error is gone. The only thing that it said it fixed has to do with the boot support partition or some such thing.

I'm confused.

golfleep

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
I just got back my 1 month old MBA from the apple store after needing a logic board replacement after it failed to wake up from sleep. I ran the short AHT after I got home and pulled up the same error as you did on the first run of the AHT. Needless to say, I was pretty bummed that I found an error. I did a little more digging, and pulled up the following from apple's site:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4356

I also booted up from a mountain lion repair USB drive, and repaired the disk permissions of the SSD.

Afterwards, no errors cropped up on either the regular or extended AHT.

I'm not sure what it all means, but I'm hoping it's just as Apple stated, in that it's an erroneous alert (even though I was not running the AHT in looping mode)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.