4S doesn't recognize iPhone numbers in Contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jigga Beef, Oct 19, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Jan 11, 2009
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Okay this is a weird problem to describe but my girlfriend is having trouble with her Verizon 4S. She had me and other iPhone users in her Contacts but when we text her it comes up as a number across the text message not our name. I am assuming its a problem with iMessage but she has my mobile me contact info in my contact info as well. Its only happening with iPhone users.

She is not using iCloud and has tried syncing with her MacBook still it hasn't helped.

Maybe a simple solution could be to turn iMessage off which she is trying now but still this should be a simple fix yes?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2009
    restart your phone. This happened to me before, seems like an iOS bug when contacts app crashes.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Jan 11, 2009
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Yes she reset the phone and it worked!

Thank you!
  4. macrumors newbie

Nov 30, 2011
    didnt work

hi, i restarted my iphone 4s and it still has the same problem!
  5. macrumors newbie

Nov 10, 2012

I have same problem but it is only happening to one contact. Yesterday while texting this contact it just started showing the number as +1. I tried the *228 several times, deleted contact then reinstalled it, deleted message thread and turned phone off. Nothing works. Help.
  6. macrumors newbie

Nov 23, 2012
    Found that the recipient had turned off their iMessage in settings, that's all.