4S Owners: Are you getting the 5S or waiting for the 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Boob, Jul 19, 2013.

1. macrumors member

My family and I switched to Verizon last May in 2012 and we each got an iPhone 4S. I've liked it ever since. But our upgrade date for each of us says May 2014 so by then the 5S would already be out and the 6 would be out 4 months later.

So are y'all stickin to the 4S and holding out for the 6 or going for the 5S? The only way I'd get a 5S is if Verizon let me upgrade but my upgrade date says May 2014.

2. macrumors 68000

sonicrobby

Depends on what they add. Im happy with getting the 5, not a big jump from 4S but I prefered the screen. Probably wont upgrade again until the 6S or 7, if that.

3. macrumors 604

cynics

I'm going to get the 5S (currently 4S) depending on what it offers. I'm on Verizon and desperately need LTE because there 3G is horrible in my area (USA :) ).

If I feel the 5S is a total bust and I don't like it then I'll hold onto the 4S for another year. Maybe buy a 5 off contract, I don't know it all depends on the 5S.

My employer buys my phones and I'm not bound by a contract so I can upgrade any time I want at no cost to me. I just don't want to abuse the privilege.

4. macrumors 6502

It depends on what it'll offer.
    But the 4s is still a premium phone to me. I don't feel the need to spend 600€ on buying an iPhone 5 only for a "little" more display, that in my opinion makes it ugly proportioned and not reasonably more usable.

I see my 4s like if it was an iPhone Nano :D

5. macrumors 6502a

I'm a 4 owner and skipped the 4S and 5... Depending on how nice the 5S will be to my standards I will get it or wait for the 6...

6. macrumors 68000

Waiting for the 6 unless there is something huge that will make me want to get the 5s

7. macrumors 6502

Don't know yet. Like everything else, we REALLY don't know what's coming this year, next year, etc. It's close enough to a hardware cycle that it might be worth waiting for whatever appears later in the year, but to guess at this time whether I'm going to get this year's speculation or wait for next year's speculation just doesn't make any sense. If you play the waiting game that far out, you'll never get anything!

8. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You realize you can just buy the phone, right?

9. macrumors demi-god

Truefan31

10. macrumors newbie

My upgrade is already here for my 4s. I'm waiting and praying the 5s get skipped and it goes to the 6. But if it doesn't impress me then I'm switching to the s4 or note 2.

11. macrumors regular

I agree. I'm hoping the Note 3 will be a good contender. Should be out by September.

12. macrumors 6502a

I'm on an out-of-contract 4S and the rest of my family just switched to iPhones (Sister, bro-in-law, father), so now I'm really feeling a little more pressure to stay with iOS, especially with an iPad mini and MacBook Pro that does a wonderful job syncing together. I seriously don't know what I'm gonna do with my mobile plans, to be honest. I really want a bigger screen and something I know I'll keep for two years and really love since no upgrade will be coming if I go on-contract (but I think at least my parents and I will never sign another contract, or so my mother says). So, I'm in no-lands land at the moment. Luckily, the 4S - having the A5 chip; still being supported from Apple; and a plethora of available accessories to help with its shortcomings (i.e. battery life) - does a great job still. We'll see...

13. macrumors 68000

Some 4S owners with balls will wait for the 6S!

14. macrumors 6502a

I have a iPhone 5 but might consider upgrading to 5s if it's worth it, most rumors speculate small changes but I don't really believe them. I think with the new ui overhaul(io7) they will make a huge jump in the iPhone 5s and make it a lot better then the 5 and 4s.

15. macrumors 6502

oddnendz

Waiting for the 5S........ contract will be up at the time of the 5S, so switching carriers and getting the 5S.

16. macrumors regular

EAGERLY awaiting the 5S because I've been on the "S" cycle since the 3GS.

Upgraded to the 4S on launch day in Oct 2011 and still have it now. Been eligible for upgrade since May of this year and holding out for the 5S.

17. macrumors regular

jenni122701

I can't upgrade anytime soon, so by the time I can the 6 will prob be out. Ill have to see which I prefer.

18. macrumors 6502a

5S for me. I've been researching other phones but I'm sticking with iOS.

I have a 4S, and I want the bigger screen.

19. macrumors regular

4S since release day here. DYING to have LTE. I'm very tempted to get the 5, but I've held out this long, what's a few more weeks? Btw verizon 3G is terrible. Also I'm grandfathered into unlimited and they don't throttle LTE(yet) so I'm buying my next iphone full price.

20. macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

where I will be going to grad school, verizon is king. LTE all around. I currently have tmobile on the 4s right now, so its 4G or Edge. Since the area is primarily 3g for tmobile, itll revert to edge since the 4s isnt fully compatible with tmobile's spectrum

21. macrumors member

Larger Screen like the G Note or at least the S4 or HTC One

It is still beyond my understanding as to why:
    Apple does not offer customers a larger screen phone.
    How could Obama even run for office let alone be where he is now.

22. Retired Cat, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013

macrumors 6502a

4S Owners: Are you getting the 5S or waiting for the 6?

Possible Answers:
    1) They want people to buy iPad Mini. Theory being that jump to 4.3-4.8" display does not improve web and app experience enough over 4" display.

23. macrumors 604

wordoflife

I'm not waiting for anything. Plan to keep my 4S forever (well, until I feel that I need a new phone, which isn't right now)

24. macrumors 68020

Kebabselector

I'm currently very happy with my 4S, I may update though to be honest *if* a cheaper plastic version comes out as a 32gb option.

25. macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4S, i would like an iphone 5 or an iphone 5s, because i like much the new iphone!