4th Gen. iPod Problems

Discussion in 'iPod' started by FadeToBlack, Feb 27, 2007.

1. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I bought this 4th Gen. iPod 20GB refurbished back in December and it worked fine for about a month or more, then it started needing to be reset quite a bit. What will happen is, I'll be listening to music, turn it off, then go to turn it back on an hour or so later and it won't come on. I'll reset it, then it'll work fine. It's really random. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't. It seems to do this the most, though, when listening to podcasts. I could be hallucinating that part, though. :p

I sent it back to Apple because I thought the battery was dying about 2 or so weeks ago. I charged it all the way up one night, then the next day, it wouldn't come on, so I reset it and the battery was completely dead.

Apple sent it back and said that the battery was fine. I'm still having the problem where it won't come on, though the battery does seem to be working okay.

What do you guys think the problem is? Oh yeah, I've restored it 2 or 3 times with no success.

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Send it back to Apple :mad:

FJ

3. FadeToBlack thread starter macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was just wanting to see if there was anything else I could try before calling them.

4. chuckkyd macrumors newbie

If Apple Fails you go 3rd party...

when my apple ipod battery died I got one from this third-party company: www.ipodjuice.com since Apple told me that I'd have to just buy a new ipod :confused: and i certainly didn't want to do that.

there are a whole slew of companies out there for ipod bateries but this one looked good to me and i was not disappointed - my mini rocks now for hours after i charge it up on my giffin stereo.

-c

5. FadeToBlack thread starter macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I hadn't turned my iPod on all day today and just went to turn it on and it turned on fine. I'm honestly not sure what's up with it. I really do think the battery is fine. It seems to get okay battery life, (except for that one time when the battery was dead after it sat all night) and Apple said they tested the battery and that it checked out okay. I'm just gonna use it for a few more days and see what happens and if it keeps giving me problems, I'll give Apple a call.

EDIT: For future reference, does anyone know if the Apple Technical Support number is open 24/7? The reason I ask is I'm a bit of a night owl and I'd prefer to call late at night when it's nice and quiet.

6. ryanlk macrumors newbie

I think the ipod battery problem has been ruining apple's rep..