5 1/2 month old Rev C. Just a rant....

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Wild-Bill, Dec 9, 2009.

1. macrumors 68020

Wild-Bill

Uggh...:mad:

So I picked this baby up on launch day of the iPhone 3GS. After about a week I noticed two dead pixels, but they didn't really bother me that much.

Fast forward to today and it seems like they are multiplying. I've got 6 dead pixels now that I can see. I guess that must speak to the quality of the display Apple decided to use. Since I've had it for so long I know there is nothing I can do, but it still frustrates me. I keep this thing immaculate. I even us a RadTech screen protector that sits on top of the keyboard when you close the lid to keep finger grease from touching the display. Hell, I also almost always wash my hands before using it too. I keep the outside clean.

Oh well. Just wanted to rant, and let all the MBA owners know that, if you have a few dead pixels on a Rev. C, they may end up multiplying like rabbits!!! :(

2. macrumors 6502a

Why don't you bring it into the Genius Bar - they'll swap out the Air with a new one or replace the display :) - even without Applecare

3. macrumors 6502

Have you called AppleCare about it???... if you've only had it for 5.5 months, you will still have the warranty on it. I am not sure how many pixels need to be out for them to replace the screen, but it's definitely worth a shot.

4. macrumors member

Ye it should still be under warranty take that mo fo back !

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

Wild-Bill

Really?? Over some dead pixels?

I'll do some reading up on the dead pixel policy, but I didn't think I could do anything about it.

What if they take it and give me a refurbished machine??? I wouldn't want that. This thing has zero scratches, blemishes, etc... other than the dead pixels.

6. macrumors 6502

They'll replace your screen. Also, have you ever seen an Apple refurb product? I've never seen one that is anything less than 100% mint condition. 10$ says you couldn't tell the difference between it and a new unit.

7. macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Dead pixel policy is 5+ and they'll do something.

And if you don't want a 'bad refurb,' ask them if they could just install a new screen instead of giving you a refurb; just tell them you're willing to wait.

Or, if you get a refurb, open it and inspect it RIGHT THERE before the Genius bids you adieu, then you can fault them for a bad product (aesthetically) if something is wrong.