5.1 Speaker System for Power Mac G5

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by p0intblank, Oct 8, 2005.

1. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I am getting a Power Mac G5 soon, so I would also like a nice 5.1 speaker system to go along with it. I don't really have any money limits for this, so throw whatever you have at me! :p Just make sure it's not insanely expensive... anyway, I want quality and looks. I am currently looking at this system. It's mostly black, but I can always take off the guards so it blends in with the Mac more. White + aluminum is a good combo for me. It may seem silly to you, but I'm all about good looks and organization when it comes to my computer setup. :) Anyway, do you have any other good recommendations? Thanks a lot for the help!

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

if money is no limit then why not get a 7.1 Yamaha receiver and 7 Bose speakers

3. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I have the Logitech 5500 system and its awesome. You will have to buy a digital optical cable for it though, it's not included. I have the system hooked up to my mac via optical, and my DVD player hooked up via digital coax, so it's a fairly versitile unit.

If money is no limit I'd look at what Klipsch has available.

Here's a direct link to the Klipsch unit I'd suggest; linky

4. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Money no problem then a reciver with Bose speakers. Thats a god sent. (Audio people don't bash me about how you would use engery speakers or any other and how bose is expensive because of the name. im suggesting it because of the looks with the G5 and my experence with it)

No money??? Get a regular home theater system, $200 for a sony and get the fiber optics audio cable

Don't got $200 lieing around. Get a M-Audio Revolution 5.1 or 7.1 and logitech X-530. That should be like $150ish.

5. Bear macrumors G3

Bose speakers are overpriced. Also, Bose speakers are not as good as their reputation. In any of their satellite systems, I can always tell where the subwoofer is - this means the crossover to the sub is at too high of a frequency.

6. p0intblank thread starter macrumors 68030

Okay wait a minute here! Maybe I was exaggerating a little when I said money is no limit. Let me re-phrase that into "less than $350"... LOL Sorry, that was bad on my part. I guess I was gettin' hyped about it and thought there were no limits. :p Anyway, thanks for the help and keep the recommendations coming! :D

Edit: Oh and rickvanr, that Logitech system is the one I already linked to. :p BTW, NewEgg is selling it for A LOT less than the official site. Look at the difference!

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

my bose speakers perform wonderfully. i have no problems with their sound at all, with all 6 of them

8. scarlco macrumors member

scarlco

I have to give props to the Logitech system. I absolutely love the sound and the flexibility of my set.

9. p0intblank thread starter macrumors 68030

Are you talking about the 5500? I don't like the black guards, but I would take them off to go with the rest of my Apple products. Does that affect the sound quality in any way?

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

damn we go from almost no limit to 350 o_O that is ridiculous my receiver itself cost more than that, and just adding my subwoofer and one of my speakers together cost more than that

then i have no idea what you should get with such a low limit. go with the logitech if you like them

11. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    the logitech system you've linked to has gotten good reviews from the pro-audio mags.

seems like a lot of bang for the buck.

12. doug.hall macrumors regular

I've got a bose set up and bose are good however a mate has the Kef KHT2005.2 (which you can get for as little at £600) with the new Denon AVR 2106 and they are both winning more awards than I can shake a stick at. Although I love Bose, if I was to buy my set up again I'd go for the above and with what I've saved get the same set up in the bathroom;)