5.25" external enclosure

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by yippy, Mar 7, 2005.

1. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I searched and most review and advise are on 3.5" enclosures.

Anyway, I was wondering if this would be a good case. I plan on just throwing in a spare HD I have in it to begin with for backup purposes and eventualy getting a DVD burner to put in it. I am going this route because I am a college student and money is tight.

Anyone know if it has an Oxford 911 chipset in it?

Thanks

2. GeneralAntilles macrumors member

Forget that one, spend the money and get a macally 5.25" enclosure . I have two (Firewire 400/USB) both run great with Plextor PX-716As over firewire. They're a snap to setup and use. Highly recommended

3. yippy thread starter macrumors 68020

yippy

That is a little more than I was planning on spending, but I do plan on keeping it around for a while. I may go for it, have to think on it.

4. lfielder06 Guest

Hey I purchased this drive about 2 months ago. I used it with my iBook g4 and it worked flawlessly. I put a nec dvd burner in it and it hooked up with toast perfectly. I strongly recomend this as opposed to the other more expensive ones. It may not look as good but it works. I have burned around 30 dvds with it and never had a problem. Purchased both the drive and the enclosure from newegg and never looked back. go for it. :)

Edit: I am also a college student so to get an external dvd burner for around 100 bucks you can't beat that. :p

Edit 2: Here is the burner I purchased with it. Again, both work perfect.

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    go for it!!!! looks like a good deal i am getting it as well

6. yippy thread starter macrumors 68020

yippy

I think I will be going for the Bytech (that is what you two were talking about right?)

Now if only Tiger would be released.....