5.5-inch iPhone 6 Mockup Compared to iPhone 5s in New Photos

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 14, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Following the leak of a simple case for the rumored 5.5-inch iPhone 6, Nowhereelse.fr today pointed to [Google Translate] a pair of posts on Rocket News 24 sharing photos of a physical mockup of the larger iPhone 6 model alongside an iPhone 5s. While there have been numerous renderings, cases, and physical mockups of the rumored 4.7-inch iPhone 6 in recent weeks, this is one of the first comparison shots of the 5.5-inch version.

[​IMG]
    The resin-based mockup was printed on a MakerBot Replicator 2 3D Printer using design drawings published earlier this year by MacFan. The comparisons show just how much larger the 5.5-inch device is than the iPhone 5s, with the mockup measuring 157 mm in length, 77 mm in width and just 6.7 mm in thickness. It is longer and wider than the iPhone 5s (123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm), but has a thinner profile that matches more closely to the iPod touch fifth generation (123.4 x 58.6 x 6.1 mm).

[​IMG]
    The mockup adopts the iPod touch-style curved edges, which are markedly different from the hard corners of the iPhone 5s, and elongated volume buttons. Unlike previous high-quality mockups of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model, this mockup is relatively crude, providing few details beyond the basic form factor.

Apple is rumored to be preparing a 4.7-inch version of the iPhone 6 for release in the fall, while the 5.5-inch version may debut several months later due to production issues that may have delayed its release.

Article Link: 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Mockup Compared to iPhone 5s in New Photos

2. macrumors 68040

rwilliams

3. macrumors 6502a

4. Guest

keterboy

Cool. Now only 8 more comparisons and we're all set for release!

5. macrumors 6502

Is 'mockup' becoming the new 'snappier' annoyance, or is it just me?

6. macrumors member

The new MockRumors, news and mocks you care about.
    [​IMG]

7. macrumors regular

Futurix

I've just unsubscribed from push notifications - enough of MocRumors for me.

I'll still visit, once in a while, for the hope of some more substantial news and true rumours :mad:

8. macrumors newbie

Not sure why anyone would want to have a phone that big.

9. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

10. macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Yes! I was waiting for this!! (Sarcasm)
    Is there any way they can put a mockup next to a hamburger? Or wait.... How about next to a venti white mocha from Starbucks? .... The 8 daily mockups are getting out of hand....

11. macrumors member

Wow.. That's big. Not for me, for sure, but in a world were people uses camera in a glass it will have some that will buy this...

12. macrumors 6502

I am so glad we have all these mockup stories. I just could never have imagined what a larger iPhone might look like without them!

13. macrumors 68040

bigjnyc

That is freaking huge! I'd feel like a complete idiot if I was walking around with one of those and call came in lol.

14. macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

LOL at "needs".

Get the 4.7, or just keep crying.

15. macrumors member

16. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We publish mockups of the 4.7-inch version, people say "I want to see the 5.5-inch one...where's that?" So we publish mockups of the larger ones and people still aren't happy.

Yes, there have been a lot of mockups...it's that time of year. But it's still a fairly small fraction of our overall coverage, and no one is going to be interested in every story we publish. If this isn't your cup of tea, feel free to move on and wait for something else to be posted.

17. macrumors 6502

18. macrumors 6502a

19. macrumors 68030

peterdevries

Well, this convinced me that the rumoured 4,7" is the one for me. That is way too big.

20. perealb, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014

macrumors regular

perealb

The sarcastic remarks about iPhone 6 mockup posts by MacRumors are more annoying the the articles themselves.

21. macrumors G5

Rogifan

Now all we need is a story about a 3rd party case that fits this dummy mockup. :D

22. macrumors 6502

bpcookson

That's crazy. I just want an orange iPhone 5c but with new iPhone 6 tech inside.

23. macrumors G5

Rogifan

Um, not really.

24. macrumors member

No way, you are jumping the gun here. We still need a post about Beats Music.

25. macrumors 6502

redscull

Seriously. Mock ups should not be front page articles. They should be relegated to a special subpage all to themselves.