Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madfelon

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2011
Chicago
This is what I'm waiting for! 5.5 still a tad to small for me but it will do. 4.7??? Really??? I guess you people are used to hold small items in your hands :eek:

teknishn

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2006
Way too big.

Agreed, I will happily roll with the 4.7", but the 5.5 is just way too big. I went from regular iPad to iPad mini on knee jerk, and realized that I very much preferred the larger size for that sort of work. I sold the mini and bought an iPad Air and couldn't be happier. I think 4.7" tops on the phone and get bigger work done on an iPad is the play... thats just me though.

FantasyX

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2013
This is more like a mini tablet that functions as a phone!
However I may still get it simply because I usually don't talk much on my current phone, we'll see...

ohbrilliance

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
The mockup is 6mm longer and 2mm narrower than the Note 3. If Apple does release this it'll be taking the p*** out of those who asked for a larger phone. "Here, have your larger phone!" says a petulant Apple. I can't see it happening.

Waughy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Australia
Currently I have a Galaxy S5 and it's as big as I'd want in a phone personally. I had an S4 for a few months when they were released and it was perfect size wise IMO. The S5 isn't too big so I'll stick with it to see out the contract I'm on and see what the 6S (or whatever next years model is called) has to offer.
For the rumoured next iPhones, 5.5 I won't even consider, I'll check out the 4.7 but after the 5.1 S5 I'm thinking it'll feel too small to me. A 5 inch model would be spot on and would have had me giving serious consideration to coming back to an iPhone, but I'll still give the smaller 6 some thought and possibly get one if I can't help myself.
It looks like Apple are trying to compete with the Galaxy and Note series, too little too late possibly. We will know soon enough. I don't think their revenue will suffer anyway.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
I may be one of the few, but I'm enjoying the mockups. The 5.5 doesn't seem that much bigger to me. Now let's see the 5s, 5.5" and 4.7" all together!

maloj631

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2009
Contrary to what many say on this thread, I am happy to finally see a comparison of a mockup with the larger model.

If you don't like MacRumors, the internet is big. Go somewhere else.

Stekki

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
I am hoping for one thing: keep the same features for both phones the same... Don't make the 5.5inch the flagship phone, please.

Sy7ygy

Suspended
Nov 16, 2012
Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring.

Oh.

Boring.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Way too big.

For you....Normal sized people are dying for a larger iPhone.

LOL at "needs".

Get the 4.7, or just keep crying.

What he said.

How about a thread with a comparison of 4.7 and 5.5 mockups? I'd like to see the difference between those two.

For those of you crying about all the mockup stories that come in here and post/whine... Jokes on you! You care so little about it you just had to come in and post! How pathetic you have to show some one how little you care by commenting.

Last edited:

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
I'd like to see the iPhone 5 mockup compared to the iPhone 6 mockup. You must compare mockup to mockup to get the true mockup rumor. :D

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
100+ millions of them are being sold, just go out and ask someone.

And some such as the HTC One Max and the Xperia Ultra have even BIGGER screens, the Xperia Ultra's screen is 6.4 personally I'm looking forward to the choice between the 4.7 and the. 5.5 I want to see them announced before I decide, but i still want that choice regardless.

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
anything bigger than a 5/5s is just stupid for a phone

Anything over the Nokia 3310 is stupid for a phone. A touchscreen is stupid for a phone. Encasing antennas in metal is stupid for a phone. The iPhone is in its entirety full of things that are really, really stupid for a phone.

For a pocket computer (a.k.a. smartphone) however, things are quite different. And for those, bigger is quite simply better in pretty much every regard.

----------

I agree. Even the current 5S I can see people using it with one hand, actually jumbling it to move around to get to the top corners or bottom corners of the screen.

On the other hand (pun intended), I am one of those fortunate enough to have two working hands, so one hand usability is of no concern to me.

Answering a call or taking a quick glance at what is happening is perfectly doable with one hand on every single phone and tablet up to 8" that I've tried, so that's not an issue either.

----------

i look at people with these huge phones the same way i look at guys with those huge, lifted trucks. making up for something else not being huge :D:D:D

Me, I'm driving a big truck simply because my huge c0ck and my massive b@lls just won't fit in a small saloon...

----------

People can already buy a basic flip phone + iPad for the use case you highlighted. Some of those old Nokia's were built like tanks and battery could last a week. Use iPad + LTE for any media consumption and on demand data needs.

Yes. The problem is, that unlike a phablet, even the iPad mini simply does not fit into any pocket on any garment that I own, except a fleece jacket with a kangaroo-pouch style front pocket.

Madame Defarge

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
Bay Area

Attachments

• DonAdams.jpg
    DonAdams.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 63

Madame Defarge

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
Bay Area
And your post is...

Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring.

Oh.

Boring.

Scintillating?

----------

I have a 4s and I've been waiting for the 6 to come out. If this is accurate, I'll be getting a 5s instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.