5.7" iPhone video concept

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gto55, Jun 21, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

gto55

Do you find it convincing ?

2. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

Personally, I hope not.

Much too big. Might as well stuff a Mini in your pocket.

But, then, I don't watch movies on my iPhone, and for my purposes it is quite large enough as it is.:D

3. macrumors regular

Do you also hope that, say... Apple TV or the Macbook White should never be launched, just because you wouldn't want to use it?

4. macrumors 68020

It's the first glimmer of light I've seen yet. It's brilliant & exciting!

Finally a modern day iPhone.

Yet I must keep my excitement in check since its only a concept. One that Apple probably doesn't have the courage to build.

Now rather old and conservative, Apple would rather hide behind their legal team & fire off lawsuits.

5. macrumors 65816

CooKieMoNs7eR

I like it, it's nice, but everyone knows it's not going to happen this year ;)

6. Shrink, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013

macrumors demi-god

Shrink

Yes!

I want everything my way, and don't care what anyone eslse wants or needs.

I'm totally selfish and self centered and want to dictate to Apple what is needed and what is not.

BTW: the question asked if I agreed. I answered the question. I also qualified my statement by saying "for my needs". I didn't question, or rule out, others needs.

But...I don't want it...so it should not, under any circumstances, be produced!

:rolleyes:

7. macrumors 68020

sviato

It's too big imo. I played with my friend's S4 this week and it wasn't comfortable to use, made me appreciate my iPhone's screen size a bit more

8. macrumors regular

Lol ;)

9. macrumors 65816

joshwithachance

I would so buy that. It's not for everyone, but that's why Apple would keep the current 4-inch model.

10. macrumors 6502

I would not buy, and hope, either Apple keeps the current size or increasing it a tad within the same form factor, or have two iPhones, one for the kids that use it as a computer replacement, and one for adults that use it to make calls/email/GPS, some photo's, and a tad internet stuff. ;) :D

11. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm convinced it looks like crap.

12. macrumors 68000

oneMadRssn

It's not big enough. I want more of a 7" screen. Also, I want it to be able to run iPad apps.

13. macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I think people would buy it. But the question is how many? It would most likely cost more if they kept the size of the current iPhone's around.

14. macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Just like the galaxy s4

15. macrumors 68000

sonicrobby

Yummy. Though if they make a bigger screen phone, I would hope they at least do iPad style apps instead. Then I would definitely be in love with it

16. macrumors 6502a

The enormously huge bezels look ridiculous IMO. Besides, it'd be far too big for me, but to each their own, right?

17. macrumors 65816

I would buy it right away.

18. macrumors 6502a

mite as well get the iPad mini, lmao

19. macrumors member

iphone5 is already big for my pocket, iphone4 is just perfect. but who doesn't want a bigger screen. they should have 2 options like the ipad

20. macrumors 68020

You're not very good at sarcasm.

You shouldn't encourage him.

I would like to have a 5"+ screened iPhone, I guess 5.7 wouldn't be that bad. I used to be strongly against a bigger than 4" iPhone but have changed my mind. I've checked out other larger display phones and I really like what I'm seeing size wise when I use them. I would at least like the option to buy a larger iPhone. Those that want a larger phone can dream can't we?

21. macrumors 68040

Every one of these concept videos all conveniently skirt the issue of how Apple is going to address the problem of apps not scaling properly on a 3rd phone resolution. What's the PPI? Why a 5.7" screen (or why a screen of any other size?) Are they going to get their army of developers to code for a 3rd screen size?

Apple is pragmatic above everything else. They went with a 4" display for the iphone5 because that represented the limits of how much they could stretch the screen vertically while keeping its width the same. They went with a 7.9" screen for the ipad mini because it was basically the same screen as the 3GS.

I think any discussion should start from the existing Apple products, and see how Apple could conceivably play around with their specs.

22. macrumors newbie

I think 5.7" is too big. 4"-5" is enought for daily use phone.

23. macrumors 65816

No! I want a 50" screen! I want a damn TV! Oh what's that? Apple say you need portability? Screw that! They're not innovating anymore.

24. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

Yes, I'm sure you're correct.:eek:

I'll just keep trying until I get it right!:rolleyes:

25. macrumors 68020

Hankster

5'7" is not a phone. It is a tablet.