!5" Aluminum Powerbook Video Out

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by noneis, Sep 20, 2003.

1. noneis macrumors member

ok,

so i orderd my new 15" the day they came out, and i got a dvi to vga cable so i could plgu it into my 21" while at home. The thing is ijust watched the part of the keynote apple put online. and it seems that there is direct vga out now, meaning i can just plug my monitor into the side of my powerbook, is that right? i havent heard anyone talking about this, and didnt see it listed as a new feature on the site.

anyone?

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

on the side of the 15 inch powerbook is a dvi port. that dvi-vga cable you ordered already comes in the box of your powerbook so you really didnt need to order it. so natively you can plug in any dvi monitor to your powerbook, that adapter that is in the box will allow you to convert your dvi port to a vga port. then with apple's adc to dvi port will allow you to run apple's displays on the powerbook. thats basically the run down of what you can do. basically you ordered something you already had.

iJon

3. noneis thread starter macrumors member

;\ one ignorent switcher i guess, have they always included those?

thanks

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yes

iJon

5. Ramsos macrumors regular

Ramsos

I got on included with my Tibook 800, infact its still brand new in the pakage since I have never used it.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I use mine all the time, particularly since I like to go dual monitor and am still using a crappy 17" as my second. Used it alot to connect to a projector for presentations. All my PC friends were giving me grief 'cause I needed "something special" to connect to a normal monitor. I just asked how many of them had digital monitor capabilities.:p

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

oh man, a measly 3 inch cable, oh the rough life of having a mac over a pc. lol. pc people are just plain weird sometimes.

iJon

8. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

when i saw the title, i thought it's a Promo Video of the 15" PB..like when 12 and 17 came out. Hm..they should make one with the entire fleet. that would be cool. :)