5 Killed in Bus Crash

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by im_to_hyper, Oct 16, 2005.

1. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

Aug 25, 2004
    Glendale, California, USA
    Thought I would just share what is a local tragedy... nothing big in the world scheme of things, but still surprising here nothless.

This happened in a suburb of a city an hour away where I have a cousin who is a grade or two above most of the people who were on the bus. She said those that were killed were 11-13 years old and teacher was possibly killed as well.

My Local News (not detailed)

MSNBC News (more detailed)
  2. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

Mar 9, 2005
    38° 12'47.72" N 85° 31'54.63" W
    That is incredibly sad. I personally think buses are unsafe and should all require seatbelts. Not sure if this would have helped in this instance.
  3. jeffzoom macrumors member

Oct 8, 2004
    The sad thing is....those kids were probably not in the mood to die, or become seriously hurt. I know what they went through earlier that day, cause at 1:30 a.m. this morning i was on a bus coming home too, it was in florida though. I gotta tell ya, band people don't get to have fun on the weekends, we have school and a game friday, (me personally) rehersal and a competition all say saturday(and th first few hours on sunday :D :p ), then we come home and do homework/housewrok on sunday.......but it is for the retainment of talented horn players (yeah yeah percussion too, and well maybe not woodwinds... :eek: :D)
    Sorry for jacking yer thread but, i feel sorry for those kids, life must have sucked. Also seeing how it was one bus, they must have been a small band(we take up four buses), so they may not have done well in their competition....My heart goes out to them
  4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Who is EVER in the mood to die or become seriously hurt?
  5. Jimong5 macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2002
    The way wisconsin Marching competitions work is bands are broken up into classes (I was in class AAA in highschool, this was a AAAA band, and are the biggest ones, class A being the small bands) they also placed third, so they did pretty well.

After all, it really wouldn't make any sense if all 3 or 4 busses they had piled up, now would it?

also, the band i was in was about having fun, we sometimes placed well, but we always felt good about what we did, and people always enjoyed our shows. (granted we were a rarity, but still)
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Very sad and tragic accident. My prayers go out to the victims, and their family and friends.
  7. atszyman macrumors 68020

Sep 16, 2003
    The Dallas 'burbs
    There was one 11 year old killed, the other 4 were adults. Assuming this story is correct link.

I remember going to those exact competitions when I was in the HS band from a small town in central WI. My uncle and cousin were actually at the event (my cousin was in a different band). It is quite a tragedy for a small town to absorb.