5 year mac user with no mac!!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Creative, Aug 21, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2004
    hi all.
    just got back from amsterdam. it was a good trip. i now have lots of video's clips and sound files and too many photo's. i wanted to make a dvd of the experience for future viewing. then i can also give a copy to my mate who went with me. i had an ibook till about 6months ago. i sold it cause of money problems. well...i used to use imovie5 and idvd5 together for somple stuff like this and i loved it's professionalism with little effort. i have used final cut pro many times but only for big college projects.
    as i only have a dell now, what is the best software to get to replace the ilife apps. any opinions and idead to get similar results with ease?

2. macrumors 68030

Apr 16, 2005
    Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    Hmm, haven't used a pc in a while, but try going to www.ulead.com. It has a whole bundle of apps for what you are trying to do. I went from ulead Videostudio, then jumped to premiere 6.5->pro, and of course now im a final cut pro user..
  3. macrumors 68000

Jan 20, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Save up for a mac mini if you ask me.

If not dare i say just use windows movie maker.
  4. macrumors 68000

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles, California
    ulead would be my recomendation as well. Sony has some softwere too that comes with their comps that arent too shavy, I believe they sell them as well.

if u are going to look @ expensive software, my Rec. would be to get a Mac Mini and it will have iLife 05 and u can use iMovie HD and iDVD with tons of new menues