$50-$150 rebates on amazon.com! Time to "switch"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by kataomoi, Sep 27, 2004.

1. kataomoi macrumors newbie

Sep 10, 2004
    I finally bought my very first Mac after spending a year lurking here, dreaming of owning a nice trouble-free computer. I purchased a G5 1.8 20-inch iMac, and I can't wait to get it. I've used PCs for almost 20 years and am glad to switch away from "the dark side."

I hope the tide is turning. I know more and more people who are constantly frustrated by all the spyware, viruses and exploits on the PC and are giving some serious thought to buying a Mac. Yes, it's a bit of a price premium, but my time is much more valuable, and with the Mac I won't have to worry about all that crap.

I hope to post more in the future, and I'll prolly be posting here to get some help and figure out what software to use to do things I'm used to.

2. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
  3. hulugu macrumors 68000

Aug 13, 2003
    the faraway towns
    Congrats on the new machine. Obviously, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. And, for software, shareware, etc. you can also go to:

and Google has a search tool specifically for the Mac (Linux too), which can be useful: