$50 Million of your tax dollars...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by miloblithe, Nov 16, 2006.

1. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

No kidding - I spent a considerable amount of effort at that point in my life trying to convince people to have sex.

3. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I can vote, I can smoke, I can drink, and I can join the Army, but please explain to me how I can keep from getting an STD or impregnating the local girls.

If you're 18 and you still need such an educational program, you should be sterilized.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

*reads URL - no .au anywhere*

Sigh of relief there, it's $50m of your tax dollars, not mine :D

Abstinence-only is a bad way of teaching contraception. Hell, I went to a private Catholic High School and we were taught pretty much everything to do with sex. What it is, how it works, what are the consequences, how to protect you and your partner, different positions, anal, oral, the works.

And then, when we got into class we learnt a bunch more... ;)

But seriously, all that stuff and more that I mentioned was taught in the classroom as part of the NSW Board of Studies curriculum.

5. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Reading this just makes me want to come to America to ravish as many young American women as I can.

Sure it would be fun, but you get to spite these puritanical loons at the same time.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

This is right down there with "Star Wars" and that Bridge to Nowhere in terms of an absolutely stupid waste of our money.