$500 Amazon Gift Certificates- What to Buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rdowns, Sep 9, 2004.

1. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I am the lucky recipient of twenty $25 Amazon gift certificates. I have an Amazon card and use it only to charge items for business so I am reimbursed for all the bills. I get a $25 certificate for each $2500 I spend on the card. Now that my iMac G5 is on order (20", 1-512MB stick, BT, AE), what should I buy from Amazon? I have a BT KB already. Which 512MB stick from Amazon is correct? Oh yeah, I'll receive 4 or 5 more next week.

2. JLS macrumors 6502

Lucky you! Buy whatever the hell you want and enjoy it.. free things are always sweeter.. :D

3. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Lucky you!

Well i will get something usefull, dont waste your money on something you want just because you have the xtra cash. Wait until you "need" something and get it, or get it and sell it for $100.00 less and make a profite of $400.00 what ever you do, keep us informed.

4. rdowns thread starter Suspended

rdowns

Money is not an issue. Other than some extra RAM and maybe a BT mouse, there is nothing I "need". The whole point is to just blow it on something(s) cool.

5. wide macrumors 6502a

Why not just sell the certificates for $450?

6. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

7. ebook macrumors 6502

No doubt about it, get an iPod if you don't already have one. If not get an Airport Express and everything else you need to have a wireless network at home (if you have an iBook or PB of course). If you don't have a laptop, save them and get one. It really doesn't get much cooler than surfing the internet while laying on the couch and listening to your iTunes over your stereo. Of course when you feel like you are to much of a couch potato then you can pick up your iPod and go for a jog!

Disclaimer...the only thing that I mentioned that I own is the iBook, and mine is an old G3 500 so I just assume those things are cool!

8. dotnina macrumors 6502a

How about a digital camera?

Or a home theater system?

A Tivo (though you still have to pay for service)?

AppleCare?

9. kanker macrumors 6502

10. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Do you listen to much (or any) music? Cause if so, I'd get a nice 5.1, surround sound system, or maybe some REALLY nice headphones. I'd actually go with the headphones, just cause I really don't spend much time actually in my house...

11. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

Dang, I wouldn't mind being in that boat. I'd say get an iPod if you don't have one. And I agree with whoever mentioned the nice speakers/headphones! Of course, you could just buy all of your birthday/other holiday presents early :) Or, you can get me something off of my wishlist :D ;) Anyway, enjoy!

12. rdowns thread starter Suspended

rdowns

Well, I have an iPod, 5:1 home theater, digital camera, iBook, Airport .b. Damn, what a consumption pig I am.

AE might be nice but I listen to music mostly in my car and at office.

Tivo? Been thinking about it but don't watch that much TV. The DVR option from Time Warner might be better option that that.

Thank for the suggestions.

13. mac4drew macrumors regular

mac4drew

Get complete DVD sets of all your favorite TV shows. (Except the Simpsons, I think that would spend all the money alone.)