Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 29, 2001
thankyou, thankyou
and I hope the next 500 is as exciting

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
flame on....

Dude, you padded your post count with more then a few useless ones. If you only have four words that have essentially nothing to do with the subject of the thread then keep your softmoric comments to yourself. All that you will succeed in doing is pissing off the gods here and get yourself a turn on the beating post (chained to it, not dishing out).

As I am certain that eyelikeart will tell you, I have many cases of whoop-a$$ just itching to be opened, as well as more then enough fuel for the flame thrower. A hobby of mine is scorching idiots, and, yes, I am psychotic.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
in general, I fear the whole 500 post avatar thing contributes to more noise than anything... I'll have to rethink it all

arn

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Personally, arn, it's something a lot of us (including me :D ) semi-aspire to. It keeps your forums alive! It's a perk, we love it. In other words... PLEASE don't change it! At least not until I've had the chance to brag about my 500. ;) J/k.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by arn
in general, I fear the whole 500 post avatar thing contributes to more noise than anything... I'll have to rethink it all

arn

No!!!
That's the only thing that keeps me going these days. It has given me hope to know that one day I too will have an avatar. If you take that away from me my life will be meaningless and I will fall into a bottomless pit of self-loathing and despair...:(

Anyway, I agree. People pad their post count to try to get to 500 ( I try to refrain, but we'll se what happens when I get a little closer ;) ). It is nice as an acknowledgement of your commitment to the site to be allowed an avatar.
It's up to you, but I think overall it remains a positive aspect of these forums.
They add more personality.

Besides, who's ever gonna get ahead of eye? That guy rules as the most prolific poster!!

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ok... new rule...

If someone seems to be clearly padding their posts... they will be docked 100 posts from their post count.

I'll let mac15 slide... but mac15, and others - please refrain from one word/ few word posts... or multiple posts when one post would suffice...

report suspicious posts via "report this post to a moderator" links

arn

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Mac15

Geesh! I looked at you 2 days ago, and I was passed your post count by about 5. Now all the sudden, he boosted up to 500?!? I think he got mad that I might beat him there. I say...enough with the USELESS posts!

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by sparkleytone
and for gods sake please learn how to EDIT A DAMN POST!!!

Also, realize you can delete and start fresh if something just didnt go right.

that's what I've suggested....I'm glad someone else finally said it...

but enough....all hail to King Arn.....God of MacRumors!! ;)

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Hahaha

Originally Posted By Mac15:
"1 button scroll wheel is good"

What a post! I think that was a gimme! As for scroll wheels, apple should make one that is optical! You kinda move your finger over the light, and it works like a scroller!

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
If you need 500 posts to get an avatar, how come mac15 managed to get one when he has 496 posts? Well, that's what my browser tells me anyway...

mac15

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 29, 2001
yeah whats with that
and I'm sorry for having crappy posts In the future I will change
but I'm sorry that just my style of posting short and sweet. Straight to the point and that how I like it and if you can't take don't read my posts
It's just the way I am

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Originally posted by Beej
If you need 500 posts to get an avatar, how come mac15 managed to get one when he has 496 posts? Well, that's what my browser tells me anyway...

Im assuming here (from expierence) that arn trashed his useless posts after he got his avatar....which knocked him down in post got but his avatar was kept.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by krossfyter

Im assuming here (from expierence) that arn trashed his useless posts after he got his avatar....which knocked him down in post got but his avatar was kept.

I trashed a few posts... but got tired... he can keep the avatar...

in case anyone's worried about the posts I trashed... I can give you the entire content of each of the messages here..

"true"

arn

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Re: Mac15

Originally posted by Macmaniac
There seems to be something kinda odd going on. Look at Mac15's post count it says 499, now shouldn't u have 500 posts for avatar or has he posts deleted? Please tell me whats going on.
I would like to apologize for any short posts I have made, I just read arn's message.

Like arn said... some of his useless posts got trashed but he got to keep his avatar. This put him below 500 but with avatar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.