500 posts

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mac15, Mar 19, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

thankyou, thankyou
    and I hope the next 500 is as exciting

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

:p he he he......well congratulations on your 500....

don't get flamed too hard for praising yourself.... ;)

3. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

flame on....

Dude, you padded your post count with more then a few useless ones. If you only have four words that have essentially nothing to do with the subject of the thread then keep your softmoric comments to yourself. All that you will succeed in doing is pissing off the gods here and get yourself a turn on the beating post (chained to it, not dishing out).

As I am certain that eyelikeart will tell you, I have many cases of whoop-a$$ just itching to be opened, as well as more then enough fuel for the flame thrower. A hobby of mine is scorching idiots, and, yes, I am psychotic.

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

in general, I fear the whole 500 post avatar thing contributes to more noise than anything... I'll have to rethink it all

arn

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Personally, arn, it's something a lot of us (including me :D ) semi-aspire to. It keeps your forums alive! It's a perk, we love it. In other words... PLEASE don't change it! At least not until I've had the chance to brag about my 500. ;) J/k.

6. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

No!!!
    That's the only thing that keeps me going these days. It has given me hope to know that one day I too will have an avatar. If you take that away from me my life will be meaningless and I will fall into a bottomless pit of self-loathing and despair...:(

Anyway, I agree. People pad their post count to try to get to 500 ( I try to refrain, but we'll se what happens when I get a little closer ;) ). It is nice as an acknowledgement of your commitment to the site to be allowed an avatar.
    It's up to you, but I think overall it remains a positive aspect of these forums.
    They add more personality.

Besides, who's ever gonna get ahead of eye? That guy rules as the most prolific poster!!

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

ok... new rule...

If someone seems to be clearly padding their posts... they will be docked 100 posts from their post count.

I'll let mac15 slide... but mac15, and others - please refrain from one word/ few word posts... or multiple posts when one post would suffice...

report suspicious posts via "report this post to a moderator" links

arn

8. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

and for gods sake please learn how to EDIT A DAMN POST!!!

Also, realize you can delete and start fresh if something just didnt go right.

9. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Mac15

Geesh! I looked at you 2 days ago, and I was passed your post count by about 5. Now all the sudden, he boosted up to 500?!? I think he got mad that I might beat him there. I say...enough with the USELESS posts!

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

that's what I've suggested....I'm glad someone else finally said it...

but enough....all hail to King Arn.....God of MacRumors!! ;)

11. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hahaha

Originally Posted By Mac15:
    "1 button scroll wheel is good"

What a post! I think that was a gimme! As for scroll wheels, apple should make one that is optical! You kinda move your finger over the light, and it works like a scroller!

12. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

If you need 500 posts to get an avatar, how come mac15 managed to get one when he has 496 posts? Well, that's what my browser tells me anyway...

13. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

yeah whats with that
    and I'm sorry for having crappy posts In the future I will change
    but I'm sorry that just my style of posting short and sweet. Straight to the point and that how I like it and if you can't take don't read my posts
    It's just the way I am

14. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Im assuming here (from expierence) that arn trashed his useless posts after he got his avatar....which knocked him down in post got but his avatar was kept.

15. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I trashed a few posts... but got tired... he can keep the avatar...

in case anyone's worried about the posts I trashed... I can give you the entire content of each of the messages here..

"true"

arn

16. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

is there any way to know whether any of my posts were deleted?

irmongoose

17. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Mac15

There seems to be something kinda odd going on. Look at Mac15's post count it says 499, now shouldn't u have 500 posts for avatar or has he posts deleted? Please tell me whats going on.
    I would like to apologize for any short posts I have made, I just read arn's message.

18. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Re: Mac15

Like arn said... some of his useless posts got trashed but he got to keep his avatar. This put him below 500 but with avatar.