500th post and "one year on MR anniversary" coming up...

Discussion in 'Community' started by GeeYouEye, Dec 5, 2002.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Well folks, the hour of truth, or something like that at any rate, is coming up. I'm finally only about 4 posts per day for the today and the next 4 days away from getting 500 posts. Interestingly enough, 4 and a half days from now is also exactly one year after I registered. Believe it or not, I didn't notice this until a couple days ago. But, the question is: should I mark my 500th post 1 year after registering, or 1 year after my first post, which is December 15. So what do you all think? And did anyone else time it like this, either deliberately or accidentally? :cool:

And the best part is: not one of my posts, that I can remember anyway, was useless spam... Useful spam once, but never useless. :cool:;):):p

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: 500th post and "one year on MR anniversary" coming up...

except this one??? ha

it'd be dumb/sad to try to time your 500th post in my opinion. it might be cute for a minute. but who really cares?

i mean, just spend the extra time on your avatar...

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I think I might have had 7200 posts after my first year, but I didn't say anything - I'd do what jello said, spend the time getting your avatar together - a good avatar will get you more attention than time you posts.

D :D

4. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Re: Re: 500th post and "one year on MR anniversary" coming up...

The irony here is so funny it's almost sickening. Didn't your mother ever tell you "if you don't have something nice to say, or at least remotely constructive, then don't say it, otherwise it looks like/is spam" or something like that.

Hey, it's not like I registered and then said "Hey, I think I'll make my 500th post be one year from today". I just noticed this a couple days ago. And if you don't like the fact, don't post in the thread. Last time I checked, it's not a taboo to post #500 on the day one year after you registered.

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Hmm, my "two year on MR aniverssary" is coming up. eye's is right around the corner.

As for marking them I would say no. Especially after this thread :p ;)

6. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Got one already, courtesy of edvniow. I'd actually tried to make it during the first 'tar contest (shouldn't the second one be starting soon, BTW?), but I had crappy and half broken tools, so edvniow was kind enough to provide a working one.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, that would be funny, especially since there are so very few members who've been active for 2 years or more.

And the new avatar contest should be happening soon. You should try and enter again.

D

8. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I intend to enter again. Maybe I'll make a special commemorative avatar for the occasion.

9. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

haha. settle down. i just thought it was funny that you specifically mentioned that your posts haven't been pointless during a post that is generally pointless...

i'm not saying i care. or that it's important. just saying that i thought it was funny

and that in general i don't think it's worth trying to time it. if it happens, that's neat. if not, no reason to hold back on posting just to time it

and i wasn't trying to be a dingus. just poking a little fun.

no need to get so "hot under the collar" (whatever that means.)

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

But you can't help it anyway, can you?

And as for spam, well, we don't need to go there...;)

D

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

nah. geeyoueye and i just haven't rapped back and forth much in the past. so he wouldn't know that i come off harsher than i mean sometimes.

kinda like alex... ha

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

congratulations. We need a contovercial..... I want something
    that will make people mad :D. Maybe I am just feeling impipous
    right now. Something involving something controvercial. ;) :D

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations on your upcoming 1 year anniversary on 15 December. Hope you have enjoyed the time spent on this forum. I agree that a unique Avatar should be your goal. I'm sure that you are proud of your accomplishment. Don't take comments too seriously, enjoy!

14. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I'm coming up on 1 year also........it was a good year, :D